Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a hitch mounted leaf blower for my 1025R.

SO far everything I can find wants 25+ PTO HP.

I really don't want to rake and even use my back pack blower to remove 3+ acres of leaves from my yard.

If anyone has a brand please drop it here.

Thanks!!!

Might be wrong section, Mods, please move if you think it need be. Thanks!!!

·
Administrator
18,346 Posts
I have never seen them available for the lower PTO outputs we have, I searched years ago for one...

·
Registered
2,044 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
What you need to do is find one of these with a blown engine and do some "modifications" (build a 3-pt mount). In fact, you guys have given me a great idea. I have to start watching craigslist for one.

Scag Giant-Vac - Extreme Pro Wheeled Leaf and Debris Blowers
I have seen the grounds crew at at the local university use something like Andy suggested but it was mounted on the front of the tractor. The setup did a good job at removing damp paper confetti from astro turf.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I too have thought of a blower to run on my pto, problem being this.
1) too big as mentioned
2) little wonder or billy goat are direct drive @ 3000+ rpm.
getting this accomplished with a 540 pto leads to big pulleys and belts to increase speed.I have the idea in my head just waiting for the right model.
The little wonder blower uses up to a 12hp engine on their largest model. I Figure a good match

·
Registered
117 Posts
What an awesome idea that is!
I currently have a yard where leaf removal.is a non issue. I wish I had some.so I could justify a rig like that!

·
Premium Member
7,939 Posts
I'm in the same boat as AJ, so I let Mother Nature's wind blow what few leaves I have away. But I'll look forward to seeing whatever adaptations you folks come up with.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I too have thought of a blower to run on my pto, problem being this.
1) too big as mentioned
2) little wonder or billy goat are direct drive @ 3000+ rpm.
getting this accomplished with a 540 pto leads to big pulleys and belts to increase speed.I have the idea in my head just waiting for the right model.
The little wonder blower uses up to a 12hp engine on their largest model. I Figure a good match
You need something like the drive pulley on an old Woods rear mount finish mower. That baby must be 12" in diameter! The PTO drives the pulley directly, and then a big belt runs down to the small blade pulleys to get the RPMs up to normal mowing speed.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Guess this falls leaf removal will be my kids earning their keep!!! :)

Then some winter work on a solution to this problem.

I know that someone makes a front mounted blower for a couple of John Deere Commercial mowers. Wonder if one could be adapted to mount on the front of our machines.

Will have to start looking at some of this equipment first hand. Guess I'll be driving the City Park Maintenance guys crazy over the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I want rear mount that way i can blow when done mowing without switching deck and hitch.
The snow blower i have was a front mount for kubota 2200pto. I got lucky and removed gear box which put it back to 540 normal rotation

1 - 12 of 12 Posts