1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
14,714 Posts
Yep, I love to watch the old steam tractors just drag about any size tractor or any color around the track.

·
Super Moderator
8,042 Posts
I enjoyed that! Good old American iron.

·
Super Moderator
5,535 Posts
That was so totally unfair!:wink: That steamer has to weigh 10 times what that Deere weighs.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
That was so totally unfair!:wink: That steamer has to weigh 10 times what that Deere weighs.
Still cool though! :)

The one thing I noticed, the Deere didn't have the front axle engaged. It wouldn't have made a difference, but anyone know what the reason for that is? Concerned about damage to the driveline?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yep, its a weight and wheel diameter thing... creates significant torque differences.

yeah it'd probably smoke the driveline to engage MFWD.

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
658 Posts
Still cool though! :)

The one thing I noticed, the Deere didn't have the front axle engaged. It wouldn't have made a difference, but anyone know what the reason for that is? Concerned about damage to the driveline?
I noticed the same thing. My thinking is that he just forgot to engage it, but like you said, it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

I looked at an old picture once of a 14hp steamer, much bigger than what was in the video, it was pulling a 60 plow bottom plow. And if I remember correctly, the caption said what size the plows were and they were not small. Pretty impressive.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,408 Posts
Draw bar between tractors was wrong also. A good video though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts