Green Tractor Talk banner

Tractor puller blues

3K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Herminator 
#1 ·
Not my year guys, I planned on have my 52 A ready to go pulling this year. But due to waiting on some parts here and there it hasn't made it. So for the last tractor pull I was getting ready to load up my 60. I figured even with a power steering leak I could go pull it once of twice and the ps system would be okay. Went to put it on the trailer and the valve stem started leaking by the rim. Then I almost cut my right hand middle finger off at work this last Thursday. So as far as pulling I havnt had any luck, I have made it to a couple to watch and drink a few beers though.

#3 ·
If it doesn’t want for these good hobbies, we’d all probably end up in the bar telling fish stories. :LOL:

#5 ·
Wow that is a bad streak. I hope it gets better from here.

#6 ·
I hope my luck turns around too. Friday morning I go in to have stitches removed and the next pull is on The 30th. Won't have the 52 A ready, but I hope to get the 60 down there and see what she can do.

#7 ·
Apparently you have not got the bill for the stitches yet. When you see how much they cost you will want to keep them.

Good luck this weekend.

Reactions: Treefarmer
#8 ·
Stitches are all on work comp, otherwise I would pull them myself. I just hope the doc is right when he said no tendon damage (even though I could see bone 3/4 the way around finger). I am a full time heavy equipment mechanic and I make a living with my hands/fingers so I think I will go in to have them removed and see if he suggest therapy since it's the middle finger on my right hand lol. Sometimes I probably exercise that one too much lol.

#9 ·
Sometimes I probably exercise that one too much lol.
Well yeah, How else are you going to waive to the international guys at the tractor pull.

#10 ·
Taking the 60 to the fair tonight for the antique pull. Hand is healed up enough for that I suppose, still can't grip a hammer but it will do. I did change motor oil in the tractor this morning and found out why it was smoking so bad. The capacity is supposed to be around 2 gallon, and I drained over 5 out of the crank case. Other than that all I have done is installed a shiny chrome stack and tighted up the clutch a bit. So tonight we will see what she can do with the sled.

#11 ·
I'll bite, where did the extra 3 come from?

#12 ·
Leaking gasoline into the crankcase?

#13 ·
Probably. I forgot where the carb is on these. We always shut the fuel off at the tank as soon as we shut off the 70. Even worse is when it is trailered with the fuel shut off open because every time the float bounces a little more fuel flows through.

Reactions: dieselshadow
#16 · (Edited)
I'm guessing the extra engine oil was gas. The tractor still has the oil pressure gas shut off that I am sure leaks. Ah, I will deal with that later...

I pulled 233 feet, got caught by the hole that got most guys. I am told this was good enough for a 5th place finish out of I'm gona say 15-20 tractors. I was too busy drinking beer to count them all on the sign up sheet lol.

Here's the video link.

#17 ·
Not to shabby a Pull and a Nice video.

It is nice when the sled is set up right and everyone gets some distance instead of trying to deal with everything in 150 feet.

Reactions: Afan
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.