Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
333F3BC7-9C2D-47BF-89E3-885180F68CB2.jpeg

Installed mower deck axles, changed oil vent to a brass plug so it wouldn’t leak oil when vertices, power washed the deck.

A BDB4310A-F1FA-4C14-9592-F56B084845CE.jpeg

25F1AF5E-0040-4ACC-91C3-043742AFDD49.jpeg

Strip of horse stall mat between scrape edge and mold board. I adjusted the height of skid shoes.

EA87EC19-68D7-4B5F-82CA-D23A00C5A293.jpeg EA87EC19-68D7-4B5F-82CA-D23A00C5A293.jpeg

Wheel weights added, I sipped the tires.

74FF71AE-2C13-4407-820E-CA04CA86A9C3.jpeg

B05C5701-47DD-408F-8E1E-C941850DDFD1.jpeg

·
Registered
284 Posts
Basically exactly what mine will look like in a few months after the ground/my gravel driveway is good and frozen. I will be trying out a new to me 54" snowblower. Until then I will use my 6 ft snow push with rubber edge. I will put my new rear blade on soon and see how it does with light snowfalls, it will be my first time with it too. I like the idea of the rubber edge for the rear blade, I may do that too.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Looks great but has above I am still chopping leaves. this rain today dropped a lot of leaves hopefully next week I can chop leaves one more time then change over to winter accessories. :good2::good2:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nice Job! With all this prep old man winter is sure not to come by now. Thanks in advance haha.

How did you cut the tires? Hot knife or just a sharp blade. I will be interested to get your opinion on how they work in the snow. Did you get a chance to try standard r4's in the snow yet so you have a base line?

Ps. Are your snow blower skids OEM? I have the smaller 47" blower with skids on the inside.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice Job! With all this prep old man winter is sure not to come by now. Thanks in advance haha.

How did you cut the tires? Hot knife or just a sharp blade. I will be interested to get your opinion on how they work in the snow. Did you get a chance to try standard r4's in the snow yet so you have a base line?

Ps. Are your snow blower skids OEM? I have the smaller 47" blower with skids on the inside.
There is a nice post and thread by Kenny D. I purchased the same gun. It’s a heater that clamps different shape loops of wire. You can sip them all in a day.

The sipping resulted in a very noticeable increase in traction in the snow. I never use chains. This will also be my first season with the addition of wheel weights too.

I ordered my snow blower skids via info from Jgayman. They are much better than the OEM Deere skid shoes. I forgot the company but you can do a search or I will look it up for you.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Administrator
18,287 Posts

Here you go:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/tractor-equipment-maintenance/17633-r4-tire-siping-grooving-improved-traction.html

https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/implements-attachments/82425-kens-tire-grooving.html

https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/tractor-equipment-maintenance/143489-new-green-tractor-talk-tire-grooving-tool-lending-program.html

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Full disclosure. My tires drag in a lot more mud than they used to. Kind of figured that going in. Just so you are going in eyes wide open. But it does increase traction in the mud. Not yet tested in the snow, but I am going against my better judgement, and leaving off the chains. Sorry Gizmo.... I know how it used to be when new w/o chains, and I never had to use 4x4 with the chains. We shall see.

·
Administrator
18,287 Posts
Reactions: PJR832
1 - 9 of 9 Posts