Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The title was a bit misleading then. "Tractor Scissor Lift Man Lift".
Not sure why you are so negative on our videos.
The new scissor lift was clearly the star of this episode. ..and the title of the video says “Removing the Original Cab for Spring”

Had we devoted an episode to discussing the details of the lift, you would have complained that we don’t actually DO anything in our videos.

I’m sorry that our productions are not up to your standards. We are happy to refund your ticket price.

Tim

· Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I believe Tim has said (in the man-lift thread) that the lift would be reviewed at a later time.
Thanks For the defense, Mark.

We’ll have the lift for a year (minimum). We’ll show it in a variety of uses as we find suitable projects.

Tim

· Registered
2,455 Posts
True, but a little out of reach for the average homeowner. We didn't see much of the lift in the video. I was hoping we'd see how it hooked up, unhooked and how it operated in scenarios like we'd want to use it.
It was used for a platform (pun intended) for commercials for other products IMO.
Regarding connectivity, it is quick hitch compatible.
I mentioned that we have it connected to the Power Beyond. You can connect to a regular outlet assuming you have a detent valve, or you can tie the valve lever forward or backward.

Tim

· Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Is it meant to be used while attached to the 3pt, or moved into position, and then dropped off the quick hitch and leveled?
Haven't looked at what the manufacturer recommends.
It needs to be attached to the tractor anytime the lift is raised. The tractor (or skid steer) is part of the stability.

There is no way to handle major side to side elevation changes (without a tilt link) but front to back changes are trivial with a hydraulic top link :)

· Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Not sure I would want a scissor lift that was not on solid level ground.
The 4 feet are adjustable in 1.5 inch increments. So to handle uneven terrain, adjust those feet.

The lift is intended to operate ONLY when all 4 feet are down and on solid ground.

We’ll try to find some more ‘difficult’ usages as time goes on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.