Green Tractor Talk banner

Tractor Scissor Lift Man Lift - Remove OTC

9971 Views 50 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  WCN1025
Here is a unique attachment. A tractor or skid steer attached man-lift!

See it in action!

Tractor Scissor Lift! Removing Original Tractor Cab for Spring!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
True... but around here you could rent a man lift 50+ times and still not have the cost of the tractor scissor lift.
Looks a hell of alot safer than the man lift on the front forks.
Reactions: RayLagrange and SRG
It seems though that unless the terrain is perfectly flat the tractor is going to tilt one way or the other and cause the platform to lean accordingly.
I like this. A slab sizzor is the same price but unless you have a nearly level surface with good traction you have to move to an Rough Terrain Sizzor and they cost a boat load. This is a great balance, you can get it places only a rough terrai unit could go and the tractor is an awesome balance for stability.
Reactions: Tractor Tim and Big
If it is attached to the 3PH and the tractor is leaning to one side or the other how would it compensate since both 3PH lower arms need to move in unison? Just curious.
The platform has adjustable legs.
Reactions: Tractor Tim
Good question, I assumed the tractor/skidsteer was used for stability.
Is it meant to be used while attached to the 3pt, or moved into position, and then dropped off the quick hitch and leveled?
Haven't looked at what the manufacturer recommends.
Yes, the lower arms are splined to the rockshaft via the rigid lift links. They cannot move independently. The "tilt" cylinder works by essentially making a variable length lift link. :)
The 3PH lower arms have to move in unison? They dont otherwise tilt cylinders would not work.
It depends. What model tractor do you have? The original comment was based on someone with a 2-series machine. However, some larger machines (4-series for example) have a link that can be turned such that the lift link and lower arm have some movement. I’m sure there are other tractor models with a similar feature.
That is not correct, see my post # 32. Either of my 3 pt. links can be lifted 4-5" with the 3 pt. at rest. They are designed to lift so if you hit something when running a brush cutter, other mower or ground engaging implement the implement can raise up to clear the obstruction.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.