Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mrs. HomesteadJoe got me this not John Deere green rolling tool cart from Harbor Freight for Christmas. The plan is to use it only for JD-specific items whether they be tools, parts, or supplies of any kind, just so long as whatever it is - is used solely for the tractor. This keeps me from having to find all that stuff among all my other stuff! I’m sure everyone reading this can relate to that.....car stuff, truck stuff, motorcycle stuff, snowmobile stuff, homestead stuff.....lol. So far it’s working out well. Drawers are filling up fast! Anyone else suffer from this kind of organizational sickness? :ROFLMAO:
Sincerely

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Smart and very cool. I do similar with specific drawers for tractor, electrical, automotive, etc in my two tool boxes but a cart with drawers is a great way to do it!

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,405 Posts
I'm thinking of getting the same box for the same reason! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,057 Posts
Those are nice carts. Well built. I have their 52" tool box top and bottom. And I am the most disorganized. I have a 24X24 and a 28 x24 Garages and never park a car in them. I am fourtnate my wife's SUV wont fit inside the door height. Of course the deere sets in a heated attached garage during the winter. I have ran out of room for tool boxes.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I have the older version. They had only one color (red) and the lids didn't open all the way. Years later the lid doesn't stay open anymore. But then, most things that use that type lifts give out. There is a video showing how to update the old one. My biggest problem is that I use the closed lid to put things on both while I am working on something and in between jobs. When I need to get in the drawers I have to take everything off. Eventually I'll go in and undo the lid locking latch. No reason to lock them in my garage or workshop. I could use more but don't have the room for them.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Not yet, but I am leaning that way more and more. I can't seem to stop acquiring stuff. Anyone else have that problem?

·
Registered
5,819 Posts
I have the black one. It's over full, had it since January.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,405 Posts
Toolboxes are like garages/shop/barns... they're never big enough!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Not yet, but I am leaning that way more and more. I can't seem to stop acquiring stuff. Anyone else have that problem?
YES! A well known ailment known to us guitar players as well. It's GAS. Gear acquisition syndrome.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't all tractor-owners have that problem? LOL
Sincerely

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the black one. It's over full, had it since January. View attachment 783150
I have a black one too... If you look closely in that picture, you can see the black lid sticking up under the Dino Sinclair sign behind the car.....
Sincerely

·
Premium Member
12,125 Posts
It's time to open your drawers and show your fellow GTT'ers just what you are keeping in there*. Pictures of each drawer so we can see how and what you are keeping for "tractor only", Is it filters, etc or more? Show us the extent of the OCD.....

*The green tool cabinets drawers, just to be crystal clear.........

·
Premium Member
12,125 Posts
I'm thinking of getting the same box for the same reason! ;)
Only 7 plus months until the next Secret Santa Program.........Were you in the last one?

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,405 Posts
Only 7 plus months until the next Secret Santa Program.........Were you in the last one?
I did not participate in the last one as I was a newbie and didn't have a grasp for what it was.

Now, if someone were to gift me a toolbox like that, I'd be totally surprised. 😳

·
Registered
13,275 Posts
yeah i'm there and past it-for getting more stuff-ha! i can still get both our vehicles inside for winter at least. my problem i can't seem to let go of anything. i get that from my one pap on my mom's side. hehe

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Toolboxes are like garages/shop/barns... they're never big enough!
My FIL and I were discussing that today on our way to get the CL aerator. We started at wanting a 36×40, then a 40×60 and finally compromised at 200×400.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,405 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,717 Posts
Pretty soon that Dart (I think that’s what the little black car is) will have to be parked outside. I got a drawer for my tractor stuff. It’s full.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I have a blue version trimmed with all of the accessories (bumpers, towel dispenser, side shelf extended, etc) and just love the thing. It's my absolute favorite thing I ever bought at Harbor Freight, and possibly one of my favorite garage items ever. Soooooo convenient to just roll out when desired, a condensed mini-version of the larger boxes I have elsewhere. I don't buy much from them but they have a few real gems (the Daytona DJ3000 jack is a beast and a pro-grade tool).

I like MasterForce (Menards) boxes for consumer affordable boxes, I have a chest and top in the same Harbor Freight blue and a Craftsman in the basement that I have some of my more expensive stash in. But that Mechanic's cart from Harbor Freight is just the coolest of the cool, and brings the real mechanics convenience to a consumer garage. Absent HF, that box is a grand from Snap-On/Blue Point, I would never have one at that price.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Pretty soon that Dart (I think that’s what the little black car is) will have to be parked outside. I got a drawer for my tractor stuff. It’s full.
We park two Subarus in the garage and yes, it’s getting a bit crowded in there!
Sincerely

1 - 20 of 24 Posts