Green Tractor Talk banner

Tractor Shortage??

18K views 80 replies 39 participants last post by  Bivalve 
I drove past my local dealer the other day and all they had on the lot was 2 gators and a 3039R. That’s it. Glad I’m not in the market for a used machine anymore, because they didn’t have anything. Looks like I got mine at just the right time, right before COVID hit.
Be glad you’re not a salesman there!
I drive past a New Holland dealer usually twice a day. They have one tractor, had 6 or 7 a week ago. Not much for hay equipment either. They do have snowplows and snow pushers on the lot right now.

Well, despite the UAW strike at CNH, according to the numbers 'Tractor Mike' quoted, we may have some good news on the small tractor supply front. Tractor sales for March were down 21.1%, with the 'under 40hp' taking the hardest hit...a 25.5% decline. He did say the supply is down 10%, and that accounts for some of the decline (can't sell what you don't have), but dealers are telling him that the market for small to mid-range tractors is soft. It's the opposite if you are in the 100hp+ market, their demand is up.

CNH doesn’t make their own compacts, those are made by LS, so their compact tractor supply should be normal.

I’m not really in the market for a tractor so I didn’t look at just which models are on the lot. But there seemed to be the normal amount of small tractors on the lot . I did notice my dealership didn’t have any gators sitting out front with the tractors. They used to have a few of those on display .

Things like pickup trucks, atv, and utvs are very hard to came by in NE Wi. Seems to be plenty of boats , campers and tractors available.
My local Deere place has a few tractors on the lot. Hardly any lawn mowers or gators and what they do have is usually presold. I’m not sure you can even order a Gator right now, they’re so far behind on production.
The RV camper and trailer dealers all seem to be loaded with inventory now. New vehicles or even used vehicles are pretty scarce on dealers lots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.