Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a LA 175 lawn tractor. The engine shuts down when i manually pull the switch to activate the blades. I disconnected the belt that controls the deck blades, yet the engine continues to die when the switch is employed. There is a electrical device that is attached to the front pulley, could this be the problem? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Registered
I have a LA 175 lawn tractor. The engine shuts down when i manually pull the switch to activate the blades. I disconnected the belt that controls the deck blades, yet the engine continues to die when the switch is employed. There is a electrical device that is attached to the front pulley, could this be the problem? Any suggestions would be helpful.
Welcome from Pennsylvania.

My first step would be to check all safety switches. I would first check the seat safety switch and then the safety switch for the PTO engagement.

If neither of those are bad, let us know. Someone will get you in the right direction.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks everyone for the help. The problem was simple as many suggested. First the safety switch under the seat was unplugged and when I changed the rear wheel I failed to reinstall the carter key in the axel:thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:. All is well know, thank you again for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts