Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experiences with the box blades TSC sells (If I understand correctly the orange ones are their HD version and the yellow is a homeowners type)?

They look to be several hundred dollars cheaper than the frontiers at my local JD dealer.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Haven't used them, but my understanding is the orange stuff is sub compact stuff and the yellow stuff is all cat 1. I have looked at them very close and would have probably bought one of theirs if my dealer had not gave me such a good deal on my 60" frontier box blade.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't know about the accuracy of the color scheme over time, but I've personally bent an older 4' orange one from them. It certainly didn't seem HD. I could move it fairly easily by myself - that tells me it wasn't heavy enough. The 5' and up yellow ones looked much more solid.

·
Registered
10 Posts
just be sure to check the welds. We ended up getting one that had been returned broken and we fixed it. it was rated for 45hp, on a 25hp Chinese tractor we have broken several welds, but nothing else so we just keep welding it together and adding gussets.

·
Premium Member
10,131 Posts
I have a 5' box blade that I bought from TSC a few years ago. I've been pretty happy with it, and it's held up well. I've done a lot of work on my gravel driveway with it, along with other stuff. I think it might benefit from a little more weight, but that only seems to be an issue when I'm trying to cut into the hard packed gravel without the teeth in place.

If I were to buy another 3 point box blade, I would consider them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I started my newest project today with my new TSC 5' Box Blade. I am re shaping an old field that is now part of my yard approx. 3/4 an acre. I found a couple of basketball sized rock under the surface. so far, no damage. This project will be a true test of strength as I evidently have a rockpile in the front yard.:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
10,131 Posts
Well, I guess I need to update here. I broke a tooth off of one of the scarifers on my TSC box blade. Hung it on a big rock, all the stars aligned, and it broke off. The scarifer looks okay, and it looks like I can reattach the tooth without much trouble.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I bought a 60" box blade from tsc about a month ago. I have used it, but just to spread out 15 tons of gravel I bought. From my only use i would say its built very well. And I cant complain about the price. I asked if there was a sell going on, the guy got out a 10% of coupon and scanned it. Took 10% off my whole order.

·
Registered
15 Posts
As you can see, this is a TSC one how ever i did know when i bought it, i would eventually need to rebuild the top and this is what i came up with and have never bent or twisted it since, bent a few rippers and tore back side of ripper tube support from rippers catching more than i figured was down there. 650 for the 6' box and an additional 100 in materials from local shop and this is what i built my self. plus i can move the goose necks around a lot nicer with it than hooking up to the truck every time and turning and backing and forwards and backing,,,,,tractor and box blade it is moved right quick and easy.
PS. King Kutter is really the brand as is countyline and a few others, they are all the same paint color with different stickers, all i see is steel and what way it will twist and bend till i get it modified some.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts