Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speaking of a crime...didn't make the show and live in Ky...going to Louisville...."Luville" as we pronounce it....our biggest in the Commonwealth....want to see Tim and Ken especially but oh well...In watching a recent video I was very much impressed about the company with the front mounted...bushogs….I've though of this technology...but was concerned about safety....that was not addressed in video....I wondered if there was some sort of waiver in purchase...I do see the value...but it seemed like a considerable risk as the demonstrator said it cut 3" bushes or trees......our county used something similar but it has a cage arrangement....I've seen this equipment in the skid steer but you know how caged the operator is there....I'm surprised I haven't seem more on the drum mowers or small rotary head mowers....this would be extremely usefull on the compacts...even a small sickle mower for the 1025r.....I've always thought liability was the limiting factor in US...as on Utube one can see the varied tools used in Russia and India....

·
Administrator
18,501 Posts
We did not address the safety aspect on or off camera, we felt like that would be at the users/purchasers discretion to do. There was no mention of any waivers either.

There are many dangerous attachments that can be used on a tractor, like a loader, post hole digger or the sickle bar you mentioned-none of those require any waivers.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
I've been loving the videos. That tree cutter was impressive but also had me wondering about whether or not the trees could come back on the operator. I guess you would have to be smart about how you approached it and still pay attention to how it leans and what not.

·
Premium Member
3,973 Posts
I've been loving the videos. That tree cutter was impressive but also had me wondering about whether or not the trees could come back on the operator. I guess you would have to be smart about how you approached it and still pay attention to how it leans and what not.
I thought the same thing watching it cut a tree off. Seems a "Vee made of Steel" To push away might help? The big ones jaws grab the tree first then saw/cut it off and lay it down. Some even strip the branches in logging.

I like the way a Harvester eats trees for lunch!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMcZ0MYRokY

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
I thought the same thing watching it cut a tree off. Seems a "Vee made of Steel" To push away might help? The big ones jaws grab the tree first then saw/cut it off and lay it down. Some even strip the branches in logging.

I like the way a Harvester eats trees for lunch!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMcZ0MYRokY
Dang those are some impressive machines!

Reactions: Levi and JD4044M
1 - 6 of 6 Posts