Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just hope Cindy doesn't notice I did it. She has been wanting her Escape claybarred and waxed for two months. She drives a Ford so its down the pecking order list aways. Right after clean out the septic tank I think.

Sent from my tapatalk device. Fat fingered typing (misspellings) probable..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Wow can I send you mine???

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I hope this isn't contageous! Waxing a tractor? Really? If I did that to mine, it would figure I was going to put him up for sale. No chance of that!

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope this isn't contageous! Waxing a tractor? Really? If I did that to mine, it would figure I was going to put him up for sale. No chance of that!
Usually three times a year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
714 Posts
You make my tractor feel dirty.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Yeah, same here! You wax cars that are more than 40 years old! I believe working machinery should accumulate a coating in the order of the materials it's been working with, sorta like the rings of a tree. Mine is now accumulating a nice light green haze of pollen over the compost dust and tree stumpings.

Waxing? You might say my tractor gets a "waning".:laugh:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Me Too

I have always kept my JD's washed and waxed. I was told one time it was unusual for someone to wash and wax a tractor. My response was apparently you never have paid enough for one because if you did, you would not only wash and wax it but would put a blanket around it at night and tuck it in bed. That yellow paint is not yellow, it is gold. Just bought a new 1025r , 60D deck and a H120 loader. You betcha they are washed and waxed. I have always told people to not be afraid to work the tractor because it was designed for hard work, but not abuse it. Some people can screw up a anvil in a sandpile. Take care of the tractor and by all effort, do the maintenance. Keep it out of the weather and GROW OLD WITH IT.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I keep my farm vehicles in my barn but unfortunately I can't keep the birds out. I've always waxed my mowers and tractors (and coverd them) as it helps wash off the bird crap and helps protect the paint and finish. I swear some of these birds craw under the mower cover just to crap on it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
"tractor waxing.." so that's what they call it these days !

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am not a big fan of turtle wax products but they have a product called ICE.

Its about like baby oil and you do everything including the black plastic. So it takes me about 5 minutes to do the whole tractor. And it easier to keep clean !

·
Registered
768 Posts
I am not a big fan of turtle wax products but they have a product called ICE.

Its about like baby oil and you do everything including the black plastic. So it takes me about 5 minutes to do the whole tractor. And it easier to keep clean !
Is this what you use?

ICE Liquid Wax - Turtle Wax

·
Administrator
20,886 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just hope Cindy doesn't notice I did it. She has been wanting her Escape claybarred and waxed for two months. She drives a Ford so its down the pecking order list aways. Right after clean out the septic tank I think.

Sent from my tapatalk device. Fat fingered typing (misspellings) probable..
Sure looks fine!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yes, thats it. Wax everything. Trim, steering wheel, dash, etc. Even my running boards look like new. Not slick either.
Cool, I'll give it a try, thank you!

I've been detailing cars (hobby vehicles and daily whips too) for 20 years and have always used Meguiar's Professional products, more recently Wizard's, Griot's garage, and a few other brands, but want to use something that others have had good luck with on their Deere's as I know tractor paint and plastics can be different than vehicles, so don't want to screw anything up!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow

I read the posting on waxing the tractor. I wasn't much for it but with several days of rain and nothing to do I went out and bought the Turtle Wax Ice. WOW.......... My tractor looks better than when it was delivered. My wife said her car could use waxing. I showed her where I put the wax for when she is ready. :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts