Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all the 2 series tractors have the same wheel width?

·
Administrator
21,130 Posts
Nope. Depends on the model, what tires, and which position they are mounted. Then there could be spacers involved.

·
Banned
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. Depends on the model, what tires, and which position they are mounted. Then there could be spacers involved.
R4 tires mounted in the widest position without spacers

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
you can go online and look up the john deere online manual for the tractors you wish to compare and look under the section to do with specifications

that section will give you information for that specific tractor....in looking at 2025r-2027r-2032r there appear to be some differences

·
Banned
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you can go online and look up the john deere online manual for the tractors you wish to compare and look under the section to do with specifications

that section will give you information for that specific tractor....in looking at 2025r-2027r-2032r there appear to be some differences
Thanks I checked those specs for the 2032R and 2038R and the width given 55.1 inches but the owners manual is dated 2016
and I'm not sure that reflects the later models

·
Registered
826 Posts
Believe the 2032/38 is around 54 and the 2025R is 48. The brochure shows a max width of 60 inches on the 32/38 with 3 inch spacers. And my 2025 came factory as 48ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PJR832

·
Super Moderator
5,377 Posts
Thanks I checked those specs for the 2032R and 2038R and the width given 55.1 inches but the owners manual is dated 2016
and I'm not sure that reflects the later models
If the manual covers the 2038R then it is the latest model. When the 1st generation 2025R and 2032R were made there was no 2038R.

·
Premium Member
13,629 Posts
The latest brochure shows this...

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mine with no spacers and R3 radials is about 52" wide at the rear, which I believe is the most narrow option you can get other than maybe R1s.

·
Premium Member
14,150 Posts
My 2025R measures out at just shy of 52" with 1.5" wheel spacers. That is with R4's.

·
Banned
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My 2025R measures out at just shy of 52" with 1.5" wheel spacers. That is with R4's.
Thanks for the reply

Have you been on any hillside with the spacers? Do you have spacers front and rear? I was thinking about going with spacers
but haven't decided on the width

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply

·
Premium Member
14,150 Posts
Thanks for the reply

Have you been on any hillside with the spacers? Do you have spacers front and rear? I was thinking about going with spacers
but haven't decided on the width

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply
Yes, that's all I have is hills, it definitely helped. I have rear spacers only.

Reactions: greenharley

·
Banned
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been thinking about 2.5" rear and seeing how it feels and possibly adding front spacers later if I think there needed.

I'm a bit Leary about adding front spacers . I don't have any experience with spacers or know anyone who is using them on the front on a 2025R

Also don't know how it effects warranty

·
Premium Member
14,150 Posts
I've been thinking about 2.5" rear and seeing how it feels and possibly adding front spacers later if I think there needed.

I'm a bit Leary about adding front spacers . I don't have any experience with spacers or know anyone who is using them on the front on a 2025R

Also don't know how it effects warranty
If you don't have a MMM 2.5" would be a lot, I was surprised at how much of a difference just 1.5" made, but I couldn't go any wider because of my mower.

Reactions: greenharley

·
Banned
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't have MMM and don't plan on ever using one.

I want to go as wide as I can without stressing the axle. I just don't have the any idea how wide that would be

·
Registered
826 Posts
I went 2 inches on the back on my 2025R. I’d say you could go 3 without a mmm and axles would be fine. Right rear tire barely touches the gauge wheel on my mmm when in the full up position if Tractor is leaning to the right. Doesn’t hurt anything just makes gauge wheel spin backwards for the short period of time it’s in that one position. I didn’t go with any for the front one because of the drive over deck. I wasn’t sure how it would line up. And also with a pivoting front axle I don’t see how it could add any stability. I could be wrong but I think your rear wheels are where atleast 90% of your stability comes from. Mine is just short of 53 measuring inside of 2 boards along rear tires.

·
Banned
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went 2 inches on the back on my 2025R. I’d say you could go 3 without a mmm and axles would be fine. Right rear tire barely touches the gauge wheel on my mmm when in the full up position if Tractor is leaning to the right. Doesn’t hurt anything just makes gauge wheel spin backwards for the short period of time it’s in that one position. I didn’t go with any for the front one because of the drive over deck. I wasn’t sure how it would line up. And also with a pivoting front axle I don’t see how it could add any stability. I could be wrong . but I think your rear wheels are where atleast 90% of your stability comes from. Mine is just short of 53 measuring inside of 2 boards along rear tires.

Thanks for info. I have a better understanding of what is going on with the front vs rear spacers.

Also I'm noticing a positive camber at the rear wheels . It looks to be about an .5" or so . It would matter if width is measured at the top or bottom of the tires.

Thanks for your opinion 3" rear spacers are now under consideration

·
Premium Member
13,629 Posts
Also I'm noticing a positive camber at the rear wheels . It looks to be about an .5" or so . It would matter if width is measured at the top or bottom of the tires.
That is very unusual for the rear axle. Can you recheck your measurements with both rear wheels off the ground?

Positive camber is cast into the front axle housings but I can’t see how or why the rear transaxle and axle stubs could have a camber to them. Is it possible what you are seeing is sag from the weight of the tractor?

·
Super Moderator
5,702 Posts
I'm with jgayman on this one. I don't believe there is any camber whatsoever on the OP's rears!

·
Banned
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I could be wrong . I noticed what looked like positive camber and took a 4 ft level and put it up against the tire and it was out about .5 inch. It's no big deal to me if it or isn't just and observation.

You all know more about these things than I do
so you're probably correct

1 - 20 of 20 Posts