Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting this under Maintenance because it's going to need some.

·
Registered
698 Posts
So I get how one could easily get into this situation working near a pond and not seeing how muddy the shore line is and then the back in slides inward. But what I dont get is why he did not set his anchors (backhoe and bucket) deep and shut the engine off once that happened. Then find something else to anchor the tractor and pull it out. You are not self-rescuing a tractor out of that kind of mud.

·
Premium Member
19,865 Posts
So I get how one could easily get into this situation working near a pond and not seeing how muddy the shore line is and then the back in slides inward. But what I dont get is why he did not set his anchors (backhoe and bucket) deep and shut the engine off once that happened. Then find something else to anchor the tractor and pull it out. You are not self-rescuing a tractor out of that kind of mud.

YEA , someone had no idea what they were doing.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
wow.... that hurts my soul, looked like a poor 850 or similar. What a couple of morons. Probably bent a rod in the engine too.

Reactions: etcallhome and SRG

·
Registered
741 Posts
By their body reaction, kind of looks like they wanted to go in further. I see no sign of backhoe being dropped or brakes applied (rear wheel not locking up). Everyone wants to get a little fame at least once in a lifetime.

·
Premium Member
9,283 Posts
From the look of those tires that thing wasn’t coming out without help

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
698 Posts
By their body reaction, kind of looks like they wanted to go in further. I see no sign of backhoe being dropped or brakes applied (rear wheel not locking up). Everyone wants to get a little fame at least once in a lifetime.
Actually the guy on the back lifted the backhoe that is why it started moving. And looking at the tires he is either not trying to go fwd or might even be in reverse.

·
Premium Member
9,283 Posts
He obviously doesn’t know how to put it into float mode. Can lead em to water...

·
Registered
5,877 Posts
Maybe he looked over his insurance policy and decided to cut his loses. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
wow.... that hurts my soul, looked like a poor 850 or similar. What a couple of morons. Probably bent a rod in the engine too.
I'm going with a 70 series machine, 50's have round fenders. I'd bet a gear shift trans, in neutral. Hopefully he keyed it off, before he jumped ship. Bad day for sure!

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'm going with a 70 series machine, 50's have round fenders. I'd bet a gear shift trans, in neutral. Hopefully he keyed it off, before he jumped ship. Bad day for sure!
oh he did not you can see the engine make a last spurt for life right as it goes under.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
oh he did not you can see the engine make a last spurt for life right as it goes under.
Yeah just horrible...what a waste.

People like these idiots are the reason for RIOs, neutral switches, and "Do Not Eat" labels on silica gel packets.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Yeah just horrible...what a waste.

People like these idiots are the reason for RIOs, neutral switches, and "Do Not Eat" labels on silica gel packets.

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Putting this under Maintenance because it's going to need some.

I saw this the other night just before I fell asleep. Why he lifted the bh is beyond me? You can see the back tire is locked up just before it disappears underwater. Dude should have had foot to the floor in forward before lifting the bh. Better yet a chain or tow strap hooked to a truck or another tractor to pull him out would have been the smart thing to do.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
So.. Kbar got me thinkin.... so I found this video on "Float Mode"...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.