Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of a z530R about month ago and have 15 hours on it. I have 7acres of which 3 are maintained. My current ZTR has been good for the task but I'm thinking of expanding my property and maintaining the additional 4 acres. I will be stopping by my dealer for their recommendation on trading z530R and what would be their recommendation going forward but would welcome the community's input first. My wants are Tweels and I'm open to most other options. Budget is not a primary concern, just want this to be a long term purchase...
Thanks in advance for your input.

Premium Member
2015 5045e
I'm in a similar situation, have 6 acres and developing the back 4 acres.

My opinion, Deere doesn't have a mower large enough for what I wanted. I ended up with a Gravely 460, large part of that decision was based on dealer support. There are certainly other mowers in the same category. The selling points for me were the the larger FX1000V engine, the Hydro-Gear 5400s, and the monster spindle. (also 3 years unlimited hour warranty)

I don't fear mowing through anything at this point. I do go slow in new brush to make sure I'm not going over rocks or anything, but I'll go through small trees and everything.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No need for a brush hog. I will have the additional acerage cleared, tilled and seeded. I really have no issues with the z530R, does everything I need it to do and the additional speed is not important for my needs. On a side note JD did not show Tweels for my unit as an option, maybe there are other options?

Premium Member
2015 5045e
Oh well then you're way further along than I am!

Can't you just buy tweels for the 530?

Registered
First off, that Z500 series is not designed for that kind of use. If you want to stick with zero turns, you need to move up to the commercial Z900 series with a 72 inch deck, or at least a 60 inch deck. Maybe even go with a Z994 diesel or Z997 diesel. At the least, a Z970 with a 35HP Kawasaki engine and 72 inch deck. Check one out at your dealer. Go with tweels on the rear and Zglide on the front plus the comfort Glide seat. I have the Z960R with 1400 hours on it. Still mows like new. This would be a one time purchase for you. To give you an idea of how much more heavy duty the Z900 series is, check the weight. The Z530 weighs around 780#, while the Z970 weighs around 1350#. Then there is the Z997 diesel at 1850#.

What you cannot cut, hire it done. That will be cheaper than buying the equipment, then maintain it with your new ZTR. However, I can tell you that my Z960R with the 31HP Kawasaki engine will pretty much knock down anything in front of it. The Z900 series have a 11.5 gal gas tank and it needs it. In heavy stuff, it guzzles the gas, more than my tractor.

Dave

Reactions: Johnnykool6

Registered
I picked up a diesel F1445 4wd with 60" deck for our hilltop yard (1780hrs). The thing is a beast! Unfortunately my wife doesn't like it, and prefers the ZD21. Looks like the F1445 is going off to FB Market place.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.