Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded my 1025R today (for a 2032R). I never thought I'd do that. The first time I saw the new large frame 2 series, I thought, "Whoah, that's way too big."

Everything changed when I got the X590. Initially I bought it just to mow the side slopes (where the 1025R would roll) and to mow when it was wet (to not tear up the ground), but I soon found myself mowing with it all the time. The reason I bought the 1025R in the first place is because I thought I had to have one machine to do everything (and on my property, only a subcompact can do that). But without the mowing, there was no reason to have something that small for managing 10 acres of land.

I'll have the 1025R until the end of the week, then this guy here is going to be delivered. I love my 1025R, it served me well and it's a fantastic machine. This is kinda bittersweet. If the 1025 were a living thing, I would let it live out the rest of its days here, as it has served me well. But since it's a machine and I'm not rich, it's gotta go. :)

2032r.jpg

So, I guess this means I'm moving forums. Thank you everyone for all the help you've given me and for all the good times. You're a great bunch of people and I look forward to continuing to interact with you here on Green Tractor Talk.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Congratulations, it looks awesome.
I wish I had the land for a bigger machine, but I still enjoy using my baby tractor.

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations, it looks awesome.
I wish I had the land for a bigger machine, but I still enjoy using my baby tractor.
I think the thing I'll miss the most about the 1 series is the "omg look what this little thing can do!" factor. Everyone expects bigger tractors to do heavy work, but when you see this absurd little machine lift one end of a gazebo clear off the ground or pick up 800lbs of rocks, it's awe inspiring.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Congrats on the 2032R! Sweet machine!

You're right, people underestimate the power of a machine like a 1025R. Never will I call such a machine a small toy tractor, and many who see it perform won't either.

Enjoy your new ride!

·
Premium Member
14,747 Posts
:congrats::greentractorride::bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Congrats you will enjoy the 2032. Good luck

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Congratulations! We all know the saying... Bigger is better!

Seriously though the 1025 are amazing and though I would love more property and a bigger machine it's not going to happen with my health issues.

So enjoy it!! :greentractorride::good2:

·
Premium Member
13,413 Posts
Congrats Mike, that's a nice upgrade. :good2:

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats Mike, that's a nice upgrade. :good2:
Thanks Pat. I was driven partly by my jealousy of your large rear tires. :p

I'm joking.

Sort of. :)

·
Premium Member
13,413 Posts
Thanks Pat. I was driven partly by my jealousy of your large rear tires. :p

I'm joking.

Sort of. :)
So you just had to go one size bigger :lol:

I'm joking too

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,512 Posts
Sorry to here mike01. Life is tough sometimes............................:banghead: :lol:
Congratulations and good luck with your new ride. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
:congrats::bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
So you just had to go one size bigger :lol:

I'm joking too
Yes, but not because of you. :)

It's because I don't mow with utility tractors anymore and probably never will, so there is no reason to go smaller. I was actually going to buy a 3E but I have a soft spot for the 2032R and they had one on the lot and I was seduced. If I had to mow with this thing it would be gone almost as soon as it came off the delivery truck.

·
Premium Member
13,413 Posts
Yes, but not because of you. :)

It's because I don't mow with utility tractors anymore and probably never will, so there is no reason to go smaller. I was actually going to buy a 3E but I have a soft spot for the 2032R and they had one on the lot and I was seduced. If I had to mow with this thing it would be gone almost as soon as it came off the delivery truck.
I understand and agree 100%, if I ever in the future upgrade it would be more than likely a 3 series with a smaller dedicated mower, you made a good choice. :good2:

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I understand and agree 100%, if I ever in the future upgrade it would be more than likely a 3 series with a smaller dedicated mower, you made a good choice. :good2:
Gotta tell you, finding the right mower for your property is a hell of a thing. I had an x758, which was amazing, and I often regretted trading it. I bought the X590 because I got an insane deal on it. My plan was to pay it off in a few months and then trade it for an X738 or X758 and get more in trade than I paid for it. But then I discovered that it is in fact the perfect mower for my property. The reason being, I can't seem to get it to roll on my crazy side slopes. I can take it places I couldn't even take the X758. So it stays. And once I realized it was here for good, the 1025R had to go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts