Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,

We picked up our new 3046R on Monday from Harvest Equipment in Lewisburg, WV. They are a great dealer to work with in determining the best options for the tractor based on our needs. We have also used them for service in the past and they have great mechanics. I can't forget the parts department either - they are great at locating anything.

Our new machine came with SCV for the front and rear with the power beyond kit. We like the switch in the joystick. We received the heavy duty front bucket. Our backhoe came with the 16" bucket. Without asking and for no extra charge, they filled our tires with a methanol/water mix. We already had a 5ft brush hog, 5ft tiller and pallet forks. We have to pick up a box blade soon.

Well, off to play, .... uhm, sorry, work....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Very nice.. Enjoy it and PUT IT to WORK:good2::good2:

·
Premium Member
14,129 Posts
Really nice upgrade. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
10,561 Posts
Now we're talkin'

:good2:

Enjoy :kidw_truck_smiley: with your new toy.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Congrats, can’t wait for this he pictures of you getting it dirty.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Nice looking machine. Probably time to upgrade to a 10k trailer with all of that extra weight now. ;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nice upgrade, you won't be sorry.
Congratulations :good2::good2:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice looking machine. Probably time to upgrade to a 10k trailer with all of that extra weight now. ;)
Agreed! The trailer was definitely at it's capacity. Luckily, we didn't have far to go and they were all back roads and slower speeds.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Agreed! The trailer was definitely at it's capacity. Luckily, we didn't have far to go and they were all back roads and slower speeds.
What size trailer is needed for a tractor of that size and weight?

·
Registered
191 Posts
What size trailer is needed for a tractor of that size and weight?

Tractor itself is right around 3000#, plus the FEL and Backhoe probably adds another 1500#. Then if the tires are loaded that adds another good chunk.

If you start with a 10K trailer that weighs 2500#, that leaves 7500 left to haul, you probably don't have a ton left over.

The big difference in price is generally single axle -> dual axle. The difference between a dual axle 10K and 14K is minimal, alot of time they will have 7K axles and get "Downgraded" with cheaper tires, but once downgraded you will play hell get it re uprated even if you change the tires to the right load range.

For short runs to the dealer - most people would say "It's close enough" you wouldn't want to haul at highway speeds very long for sure.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:congrats::greentractorride::usa:good2:
Hipplewm is correct. Our tractor weighed 2900 lbs., backhoe is 1250 lbs and tires were filled. Total was just under 4900 lbs.
The 18 ft trailer was rated at 7500. We had replaced two of the factory tires, but had not replaced the there two yet. We will replace them this week if we plan on hauling the tractor again.

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hipplewm is correct. Our tractor weighed 2900 lbs., backhoe is 1250 lbs and tires were filled. Total was just under 4900 lbs.
The 18 ft trailer was rated at 7500. We had replaced two of the factory tires, but had not replaced the there two yet. We will replace them this week if we plan on hauling the tractor again.
Ya I got 3033R ,2900# + FEL with 73" HD bucket 1200# + full of Rim Guard 850# and Heavy Hitch with 16 - 42# weights, tips scale at almost exactly 6000#. No Back Hoe.

I am currently looking at 22' X 102" trailers to pull with 1500 chevy with 9200# towing capability. 10000# trailers I have been pricing weigh around 25 - 2700#. 14000# trailers are either side of 4000#.

More pay load but more than I want to yank with my 1/2 ton.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Very nice! Who is the guy standing next to it with the silly grin on his face:bigthumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts