Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a video of a trailer hitch ball attachment that a man had that went onto the bucket with an integral screw down clamp for easy on and off. I gotta get something like that to save my ole bod when backing the tandem trailer in the barn and into it's slot.

Fabbing something like that up is beyond my capability.

i don't think Kenny offers one. Any sources out there?

thanks

·
Administrator
20,976 Posts
Ken’s has this.

You simply bolt this to your bucket and then attach any ball mount you need. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the post Dieselshadow. I had something in mind that would attach to the bucket without drilling holes. i think that before I went that route i would just drill one hole in the bucket and screw a ball in there when I needed it. One bolt vs 4?

·
Administrator
18,501 Posts
If you search some, you can find "clamp on receiver hitches". Quality varies wildly, so read reviews and don't be enticed by the cheapest offerings.

Like Jason wrote though, we do offer a Bolt-On 2x2 Receiver that will sit on top of your bucket.

·
Premium Member
13,035 Posts
Thanks for the post Dieselshadow. I had something in mind that would attach to the bucket without drilling holes. i think that before I went that route i would just drill one hole in the bucket and screw a ball in there when I needed it. One bolt vs 4?
That is a common phobia with most new tractor owners. It's only the first hole that hurts. :) I highly recommend Ken's bolt-on receiver hitch. Add a couple more holes for some hooks, a couple more for a tooth bar, a clevis here and there and before you know it your loader/bucket has swiss army knife versatility.

Believe me, drilling some holes in your bucket for high quality rigging gear will only ADD to the value of your tractor.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,976 Posts
In my humble (and unpaid, unsolicited) opinion, the 4 bolt option would be a lot stronger than drilling a single hole for a ball. That ball would want to bend the bucket lip over during a move.

I can’t comment on any clamp-on versions since I haven’t seen or used any. But I can say that Ken’s products are well worth the time, money, and effort. Top quality stuff and easy to use and install.

·
Premium Member
3,973 Posts
Ken’s has this.

You simply bolt this to your bucket and then attach any ball mount you need. :thumbup1gif:
This is better then one big hole to hold the ball with out reinforcement to the bucket. The 4 bolts would be easy to remove if it had to be removed. Light use it could be bolted to the side of the bucket out of the way or the top and use a drop hitch if needed. Big hole for a Ball is hard to drill. A hole saw is probley the best way using oil and slow speed if you did.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:banghead: Jees thanks for the guidance Kenny. I will be getting the one made by Titan off Amazon.

I will be getting the step from you this spring. However i got this little one month camping trip just south of Myrtle Beach at my daughters house commencing this Monday to suffer through first. :good2:

Oh and I learned something else and will be getting my posts (hopefully no more air headed ones) on the correct forum.

·
Premium Member
6,022 Posts
In actuality I would think the 4 bolt type actually makes the top stronger in that area. But really my point is I have used clamp on ones. Usually they twist and loosen and end up bending what they are hooked to as they unhook. The only way they work reliably is if you were to weld on them on.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts
In my humble (and unpaid, unsolicited) opinion, the 4 bolt option would be a lot stronger than drilling a single hole for a ball. That ball would want to bend the bucket lip over during a move.
It also will not make for enough room for the trailer hitch when turning. IMO.

·
Administrator
18,501 Posts
I will be getting the one made by Titan off Amazon.
That may be one I warned about, Titan imports everything from you-no-where, they don't really make anything.

·
Premium Member
6,022 Posts
That may be one I warned about, Titan imports everything from you-no-where, they don't really make anything.
I was going to get a 3-point to skid steer attachment so I could use my bobcat forks on it. I called and emailed them asking for a dimension from the top plate that goes under the top lip to the center of the lower links so I could see if I could get the forks in a pallet. I am quite sure they don’t and I am also sure I can change it. All I could get was wrong answers and that was after sending them a photo of theirs with the dimension I needed.

Neat attachments has one for a bit more money but I am going to see if they are more helpful.

The titan look a little crude even in the photos. Nothing I can’t fix but I have a bad feeling it will show up with a twist and be a pain to hook up. Forever.

·
Premium Member
13,035 Posts
I was going to get a 3-point to skid steer attachment so I could use my bobcat forks on it. I called and emailed them asking for a dimension from the top plate that goes under the top lip to the center of the lower links so I could see if I could get the forks in a pallet. .
What do you plan to haul on your 3PH forks? I had set on my 2-series and even with a hydraulic top link they were near useless. I couldn’t even unload a pallet off my small 5x10 landscape trailer.

I finally sold them and got forks for the loader.

Reactions: JD4044M and Kennyd

·
Administrator
18,501 Posts
Here is the best way to move a trailer!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Here is the best way to move a trailer!
I was going go say the same thing get artillian forks and the frame has a receiver built onto it

Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Premium Member
6,022 Posts
What do you plan to haul on your 3PH forks? I had set on my 2-series and even with a hydraulic top link they were near useless. I couldn’t even unload a pallet off my small 5x10 landscape trailer.

I finally sold them and got forks for the loader.
Just move pallets around or some things around the lawn where the skid loader is too damaging. Might use them to move pallets in or out of the container. Your right other than from ground to ground they wouldn't be much help.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Placing the ball on top of your bucket would make the trailer coupler way to high. Notice the picture that jgayman posted where he uses a drop down ball hitch. :thumbup1gif: I'm sure this is so he can raise his bucket adequately for bucket edge ground clearance. :dunno:

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts
Placing the ball on top of your bucket would make the trailer coupler way to high. Notice the picture that jgayman posted where he uses a drop down ball hitch. :thumbup1gif: I'm sure this is so he can raise his bucket adequately for bucket edge ground clearance. :dunno:
Even with this and a 6" drop doesn't cut it...

Ballast Box2.jpg

I think the standard ball height is 18" above ground level.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts