Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2016 1025r
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so kinda sick of always using my dads as he hates maintaining anything but kinda thinking about a car hualer or a equipment trailer 14k or 7k or 10k what would you recommend for a 1025r and further growing I’m pulling it with a Chevy 3500 express 10000 lbs towing max and a 1500 suburban 8400 max towing whould like to be able to pull it with suburban unless I go over 4000 load and what length I was thinking 18-20 foot long and 7 feet wide was is your thought about what size you whould buy and why

·
Registered
2032r
165 Posts
10k 83"x20' carhauler would be a versatile pick. Can load/unload over the sides. You can build some sides to fit in the stake pockets to get a pseudo utility trailer. The axle capacity and length will give you room to grow both in equipment weight and fore/aft loading for tongue weight adjustment.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
I pulled mine around on a 7,000 lb 18' (7' wide) equipment trailer. Worked great. Was more trailer than needed for sure. Nowhere near max capacity, & the trailer won't be too heavy for your scenario either.

·
Registered
550 Posts
2 axle trailer. 16 ft if you just moving tractor. Probably 20 ft+ if you want to have 3 point attachment with you.
get trailer brakes too 👍🏿

·
Registered
298 Posts
I pulled mine around on a 7,000 lb 18' (7' wide) equipment trailer. Worked great. Was more trailer than needed for sure. Nowhere near max capacity, & the trailer won't be too heavy for your scenario either.
Don't forget the weight of the trailer has to be included in that 7k. Usually leaves you around 5k for the tractor and attachments. My 4200/420/47 TLB is close to that.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
We've had this discussion a number of times, here on GTT. So if you search you'll find literally hundreds of comments.

What is your budget and do you foresee a need to utilize it for other things? Are you looking to spend to meet the 1025R transport onlyor do you envision other applications? What part of the country will the trailer be utilized?

Reactions: kylew and Pigpen

·
Registered
2016 1025r
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We've had this discussion a number of times, here on GTT. So if you search you'll find literally hundreds of comments.

What is your budget and do you foresee a need to utilize it for other things? Are you looking to spend to meet the 1025R transport onlyor do you envision other applications? What part of the country will the trailer be utilized?
Other needs as well hay construction manitals sometime my farmall c maybe a car once in a while logs budget is 3000 right now if I wait a year I can save up some more money in Michigan but I Do not want to trailer anything in the snow

·
Registered
321 Posts
Ok so kinda sick of always using my dads as he hates maintaining anything but kinda thinking about a car hualer or a equipment trailer 14k or 7k or 10k what would you recommend for a 1025r and further growing I’m pulling it with a Chevy 3500 express 10000 lbs towing max and a 1500 suburban 8400 max towing whould like to be able to pull it with suburban unless I go over 4000 load and what length I was thinking 18-20 foot long and 7 feet wide was is your thought about what size you whould buy and why
Keep Dad’s trailer at your place so that you can maintain it. Problem solved.

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
Recent thread about steel prices going up so get while the gettins good or you’ll be dealing with dad’s beater

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
A $3000 budget is going to limit you to a used steel trailer. If you utilize it in the winter, Michigan road salt will take a toll on it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
16' minimum in length. That will cover a shorter implement and loader. 20' would let you haul another implement. I have a 24' which lets me haul the tractor with an attached implement and two more on the deck in front of it. Unless your planning on acquiring a heavier tractor, a 5k will work fine. A tandem trailer with 2 3.5k axles would be ideal, 5k tandem if your going to haul heavier equipment.

Reactions: Pigpen

·
Registered
2016 1025r
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a line on a 5k tandem needs tires but it’s used and 2200 18 foot long 6,6 wide

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I would go with a 20' trailer, I got a 18' car trailer wish I went with a 20' . Welded D to bs every 2' all around.

·
Registered
2032r
165 Posts
I have a line on a 5k tandem needs tires but it’s used and 2200 18 foot long 6,6 wide
Two 5k axles? 18 ft would likely be fine for a 1025r with loader and rear implements. Is it a utility with gate or no? If a car hauler or equipment trailer type you could still upsize with a little rear overhang if needed on one without a gate.

You might be cramped getting the tractor secured on a 78" wide trailer if you get a bigger tractor down the line, just from a physical room to maneuver perspective.

·
Registered
2016 1025r
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Two 5k axles yeah it’s a little noarow for my likings but idk

·
Registered
219 Posts
That would work very well.

·
Registered
2016 1025r
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is a 78in wide going to be wide enough mainly for the tractor maybe a car every two to three years I’m I going to regret not going 7ft and waiting for what I really wanted

·
Registered
2032r
165 Posts
I'd try to get what you want the first time if feasible. Every time I get what's convenient rather than what I really wanted, I end up buying twice.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I have a 10k 20’ equipment/ car trailer. It’s probably over kill for my 1025r. But I can haul my atv and tractor at the same time when I need to. I have hauled the occasional car with it.

If I was to do over I would either get a deck over or possibly a low pro dump trailer instead.
The fenders seem to get in the way when I need to load it with a forklift. 20’ seems to be a good length for me.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts