Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
2017 Dodge Ram crew cab 2500 6.4 Hemi short bed.
A guess but that has to be close to 5,000lbs. I would think a 7500-8000lbs trailer at the least and 18’ plus. Also depends are you thinking flat deck or dump type but that would only be 16’, might fit but I am not sure.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a 1025R, but I do work for a Deere dealer, if I could do-over and buy a trailer again I'd buy a 20-22' 9,899lb GVWR trailer. I would think ram 2500 would have more than enough capacity for that. A trailer similar to what I linked but I would buy a Quality Trailer because there built local to me in Ohio. So I cannot speak for PJ, just givin example of type of trailer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m gonna see if I can rent one to get my tractor home.and I’ll shop around for a 20
thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone tell me what’s the minimum length trailer I need to rent?
2038r loader/ backhoe/mower deck
can I fit it on a 16’ Tilt trailer?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Warrior23,

it likely will physically fit on that 16’ trailer, but you won’t have much wiggle room to balance the load. An 18’ would work better

Dave

·
Registered
13,174 Posts
Can anyone tell me what’s the minimum length trailer I need to rent?
2038r loader/ backhoe/mower deck
can I fit it on a 16’ Tilt trailer?
i used to have a Mid-altantic 16 ft with the flip up 4 ft loading ramp. if i had anything on the 3pt i couldn't haul the loader on then. unless i raised the loader up and over the front of the trailer tongue. i've done that several times over the yrs-now i'm in a rural area and not much traffic either.
i fussed around for several yrs for a newer trailer and settled on this PJ tilt 20 fter--it was rated for 14 thousand--i had it de-rated to 9,900 lbs when i paid my sales tax here in PA. bought trailer in Ny state--i had to have a red one-ha! and one morning i spotted it on their web site. its more than enough for my 2520 and my small mini-ex i got now.

here's a pic --to show ya what ur 2038r might look like on a 20 fter. i wanted the 20 for being able to haul the loader along with my brush hog without it hanging off the end. very happy with this so far---good luck with ur search for one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts