Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... I've started looking around for a small trailer to pull behind my 3320 and ATV. I'll use the cart to pull some firewood out of the woods or carry tools to remote places in the yard.

I see that JD has some small garden trailers that might work good. I think they're available at Home Depot. Here's the one I was looking at...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363840924.212250.jpg

I was also thinking about a small hay wagon.

What would you recommend?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have a similar trailer, not a John Deere, but same kind. Mine is a little bigger and can carry 1600 lbs. I used it for a while with my garden tractor but gave up on it because it was to bothersome to move it around, and once it was loaded there was no way to unhitch it until it was unloaded again. I use now a small utility trailer that has a hitch/tongue wheel and can be unhitched when loaded.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Since I got my 1023E I've been doing alot of window shopping for stuff I want to get for it. I've wanted to make little hay wagon type trailer that is scaled to the 1023E size.

I found this wagon running gear at northern tool that I've been looking at:

It may be a little bigger than what you are thinking about, but they do show a picture of someone pulling with an ATV so it is not too big.

Farm-Tuff Utility Trailer — 2200-Lb. Capacity, Model# 03813 | Farm Utility Trailers| Northern Tool + Equipment

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since I got my 1023E I've been doing alot of window shopping for stuff I want to get for it. I've wanted to make little hay wagon type trailer that is scaled to the 1023E size.

It may be a little bigger than what you are thinking about, but they do show a picture of someone pulling with an ATV so it is not too big.

Farm-Tuff Utility Trailer — 2200-Lb. Capacity, Model# 03813 | Farm Utility Trailers| Northern Tool + Equipment
That looks like a good product. It received a lot of good reviews too. I do like the idea of more of a wagon then a trailer. It probably wouldn't be too tough to build a sturdy box on that frame any size I wanted.

I've seen some other wagons on websites like countryatv.com but they are pricey. Ordering the frame may be the way to go.

·
Registered
456 Posts
This is what I have. They can be found at Northern Tool, Fleet Farm and several other places. It swivels, dumps, and you can unbolt the axle and use it in the winter as a sled to pull around. Works great for ice fishing. You can also buy a kit to make the sides taller. I've had mine for about 10 years. I use it most ly with my 4 wheeler for firewood. I love it.

Polar Sport Off-Road ATV Trailer — 1500-Lb. Capacity, 22 Cu. Ft., Model# 8233 | Lawn Garden Utility Trailers| Northern Tool + Equipment

·
Administrator
18,295 Posts

I have the Horrible Fright version of that, but its NLA from them as far as I know. Easy to use, PITA to back up!
DSC03964.JPG

This is what I really want: Utility wagons and trailers for tractors and ATV by Country MFG Made in the USA.

Reactions: dieselshadow

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Just 2 cent worth: No way you want a wagon in the wood! Have to admit I was a 'pro' at backing a hay wagon at 10-12 years old, on the back of a Ford 8n Farm tractor! Probably couldn't do it now! Backing a trailer is a different breed of cat! One you don't want to deal with in the woods! There are some awesome trailers out there for Garden tractors. Check the ATV Boards also! Tandem wheels, dump boxes, etc. All your wallet can stand!!!! :laugh: ~Scotty

http://www.atvwagon.com/

http://countryatv.com/

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Administrator
18,295 Posts
Hey Kenny,

Could you post some close up pictures of your wagon? I'm thinking of doing something similar. That's a cool wagon!
I just took these, lemme know if you want any other specific pics.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364130049.091986.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364130069.425264.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364130088.788000.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364130114.845993.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364130134.005893.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: forphase1

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I visited a friend yesterday who I haven't seen in a while. While we were catching up, he took me out in his barn and showed me a wagon he's been working on for awhile. I had no idea! He said he started with an old frame and rebuilt the whole thing. Man is it sweet! He told me to find an old frame and we would work on mine together. I'm gonna take him up on it after seeing his!!

The funny thing is, he doesn't have a tractor to pull it yet! Ha ha! He's leaning hard toward a 1026r which I think would be a good choice for him. I told him if he needs to move it beforehand, I would bring over my 3320. I warned him though; these Greene things are contagious!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364921684.464467.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364921697.895681.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364921712.646605.jpg

·
Registered
471 Posts
I bought this one at home depot, I like it for what I use it for. Haul leaves, sticks, jeep parts around the property with it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts