Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3032E with an Imatch on the back. I'm looking for a trailer mover hitch to put on the imatch. I can see some pictures of some online but not all are created equal. What is the name of this and where can I buy one?
Tire Road surface Asphalt Gas Automotive tire
Tire Road surface Asphalt Gas Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
I know heavy hitch has one. I think Titan has one as well.
Probably several others out there. Mine is a heavy hitch model.
I cant recall if discount code TTWT gets you 5% or 10% with heavy hitch. It has been a little while since I ordered from them last. But be sure to use TTWT for a discount with any heavy hitch products.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I also went with a Heavy Hitch one. Mine doubles as a bracket for suitcase weights to create extra rear ballast. They aren't as cheap as other options but I've been very happy with its performance so far. My local JD dealer is also a Heavy Hitch dealer and their pricing was better than HH's online price, even with the TTWT discount. Last thing, if it matters to you, the Heavy Hitch products are Made in the USA with American steel (not Chinese).

·
Registered
170 Posts
Bought mine at rural king and had it delivered to my house. I like it a lot and the gooseneck ball comes in handy for smaller trailers.
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I bought one with my 1025R. The salesman tried to tell me that most of their customers just bought the same thing down the street at Tractor Supply for half the price. But I was new and didn't listen. I use mine about every week to maneuver my equipment trailer into its parking spot after I use it. The long-bed truck is just too big for the space I need to get into.

It is called a 3-point hitch receiver. I see CountyLine calls theirs the "Trailer Mover."

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I bought a cheap one off Amazon for i think $60. No complaints. Only moves a couple light utility trailers around.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
391 Posts
I bought a cheap-o-nese one from Titan Attachments and if I had it to do over I wouldn't. Do yourself a favor and get a Heavy Hitch. You might want to think about the future and get one that you can add ballast to as well.

·
Premium Member
17,084 Posts
The Heavy Hitch units are nice but lots of folks already have a ballast box and just need a simple hitch adapter to move around small trailers. For that purpose the $60 Ebay units work just fine.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I also went with a Heavy Hitch one. Mine doubles as a bracket for suitcase weights to create extra rear ballast. They aren't as cheap as other options but I've been very happy with its performance so far. My local JD dealer is also a Heavy Hitch dealer and their pricing was better than HH's online price, even with the TTWT discount. Last thing, if it matters to you, the Heavy Hitch products are Made in the USA with American steel (not Chinese).

After thinking about what I wanted I ordered an HH1DB. The local HH dealers wanted list plus shipping so I shopped online and got it from Bodensteiner.

I went with the HH1DB since it has the receiver for moving the trailer and the double row of weight brackets which fits both 42 and 70 pound suitcase weights. For me, clearances are tight so I chose the HH1DB with suitcase weights for rear ballast over a ballast box.

It's pricey with all the suitcase weights but is a nice piece of kit and it breaks down for storage or for me to use the suitcase weights as ballast in my plow truck if need be.

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
I made one out of iron that I dug out of the scrap bin at work. It’s a lot like the heavy hitch one that doubles as a weight carrier. I like the option of being able to add weights . It’s probably my most used attachment and is almost always on the tractor.

I think the heavy hitches extra cost would be more than worth it if you can’t fab one yourself.

·
Registered
2014 1025R
206 Posts
I use the hitch off the back of my Titan ballast box. When I bought the tractor used, it came with the style the OP listed pictures of, but I don't use that one. I'd definitely want some weight on the hitch since the 3pt has no control in the up direction. Either get the tongue weight wrong or just get some dynamic up loads bouncing around on uneven ground and handling of your tractor can get really interesting. Especially if the trailer outweighs the tractor. So, either a ballast box model or a heavy hitch style is much preferable. And if heavy hitch, I'd leave some weight on it when towing. Probably matters a little less with your 3-series vs. my 1-series, but still something to think about.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
19,563 Posts
I built my own using different pieces-parts. Some new, some scrap.
I came up with a One Off name for it. :rolleyes: I call it a Trailer-Mover Hitch.

It got a great reception at the Vegas Brain-Storm Show. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
JD-2720, JD Z425
80 Posts
Pighitt- I have the same hitch you are looking for. I though it was a Deere/Frontier brand, but after taking a closer look at it there is not indication of who made it. Its made well and works well, complete with IMatch bushings.
Bicycle frame Triangle Bicycle part Bicycle fork Wood

·
Registered
760 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.