Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow GTT members - I am shopping for a trailer to move my 1025R. Over the summer I borrowed a buddy's 20ft Big Tex. That trailer had a solid 4 ft gate and when I tried to load the tractor with landscape rake, the rake would bottom out going forwards up the ramp or catch on the ramp going backwards. The ballast box would also drag. I ran the top link in to get a much lift as I could, but it still dragged. 60D MMM would also catch as the tractor transitioned over the top of the gate.

Fast forward to now. I am looking at 2 different car hauler trailers with and without a dovetail. Both have 5ft ramps. Do I need the dovetail?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
The dove tail will help as well as longer ramps. I have 14' +2' dove but only 3' ramps. If I had 5' ramps it would be perfect

·
Registered
146 Posts
I highly recommend the dovetail. I used to use a product very similar to this back when I hauled the dragster around. I'm not endorsing this particular product, There are numerous manufacturers that produce these.

images.jpe

https://youtu.be/NAjAH5puwOU

Reactions: Marlin

·
Registered
146 Posts
I will be loading up my 1025R tomorrow and I will be going through Chesapeake so if you want to take a look at my setup let me know and we can meet up somewhere. I have the dovetail on mine and depending on time you can pull yours on and off to see if the dovetail will suit your needs.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Make sure your deck stop is locked in the raised position or the 3pt. nor the deck will raise all the way. My 18' car hauler has a dove tail and as long as I turned the top link in a little, the 1026 I had cleared the rake and box blade just fine.

Reactions: Marlin and BigJim55

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will be loading up my 1025R tomorrow and I will be going through Chesapeake so if you want to take a look at my setup let me know and we can meet up somewhere. I have the dovetail on mine and depending on time you can pull yours on and off to see if the dovetail will suit your needs.
Thanks for the offer. I would be very interested in seeing your trailer. I'll send you a PM with my cell #. I work at the Naval Station so if you are coming by there it be easy to meet. Give me a call and we'll figure it out.

Thanks!

·
Registered
447 Posts
It also helps to throw a 6x6 under your trailer jack and lower the jack causing it to tail down the rear a little. Yes, keep it hitched to your vehicle, but it will take off the squat the trailer is inducing on it. The little bit of angle achieved will help.

·
Registered
12,487 Posts
I would of figured the 1series would make the trailer squat down on the rear like my 2520 does. I understand ur pain, cause my wife was reloading my wheel horse riding mower after my uncle had loaded his jd model H, well she didn't know to watch out for the mower deck and bent that sucker back in, on the front of it, right at the edge of the trailer floor begins. so when we got everything back home I straighten it. guess what happened the next summer with my boy,-yelp same darn thing, bent it at the exactly same spot. I got it back out the second time but had to put some heat to it, that time. so yeah go with the dove tail, and a longer gate if possible, it might save u a lot of headaches later on. this all happened on the days we was going to our local tractor show to boot!!

Reactions: Jeff R. and Marlin

·
Registered
370 Posts
Our 18' Aluma car hauler has a 2' dovetail & 5' pullout ramps. No problems with the 1025R FILB, but I don't have a mower deck. (The Aluma is pretty low slung anyway...)

Nick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts