Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1025R TLB. I would appreciate recommendations on a trailer size to use to transport it between farms. It doesn't look like a 12 foot trailer is going to get it done. What do all of you use?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Are you just transporting the tractor? or FEL some type of rear attachment?

Doug

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have an 18 foot 7,000 capacity trailer with a 2 foot dovetail, twin axle, brakes on both axles, and a heavy duty ramp gate. I love the trailer and only wish I had gone another two feet longer so I could have room for a toolbox on the front to store the chains, tools, and grease gun.

It looks like this one but with a two foot dovetail (I tried to attach the image locally but it didn't like the URL.):

http://petestrailersales.com/uploads/PJ_U8_TA16ftHDGateGreen_1000__1_.jpg

·
Registered
673 Posts
Nice trailer I have a 16' wish I would have gotten the 18'.

Doug

Attachments

Reactions: tim.bergfeld.3

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I just bought a 1025R TLB. I would appreciate recommendations on a trailer size to use to transport it between farms. It doesn't look like a 12 foot trailer is going to get it done. What do all of you use?
Go with what you can afford. But I would not go less than 16 foot. I had the 1026r upgraded to the 2032r and both with the backhoe fit well on my trailer. See my signature line for details.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not to hijack this post, but I am also looking for a trailer. I have atv's to haul also and was looking at a deckover to avoid dealing with the fenders. Anyone load their tractor on a deckover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 16" dove tail trailer. As you can see, it holds the TLB and implements, 4'box blade, i1match, Forks, and quick hitch well.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 16" dove tail trailer. As you can see, it holds the TLB and implements, 4'box blade, i1match, Forks, and quick hitch well.

Forgot to include the Ballast

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
There are a wide variety of choices out there. I would suggest looking at a solid deck car trailer that is either 16' or 18' long for the following reasons;

1. It will be double axle to meet the carrying requirements.

2. It will be lower to the ground than a deck over, etc.

3. It will have factory mounted "D" Ring and other tie down already.

4. It will likely have brakes on at least one axle and maybe even both, which is always a good thing.

5. Brakes mean it will be a 7 pin round electrical connector which is easier to attach because of it's design and won't require an adapter to the 4 way (depending upon the age of the tow vehicle).

6. It won't have sides or side rails which you likely won't need and too many people incorrectly use the side rails as tie down points when they aren't often designed for that use.

7. You also want to make sure that the loading ramps can be narrowed together to meet the narrow wheel base of the 1 series which is MUCH closer together than standard placed vehicle loading ramps.

Just make sure that the trailer meets all of the GVWR limits for ANYTHING you may want to haul on it.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Not to hijack this post, but I am also looking for a trailer. I have atv's to haul also and was looking at a deckover to avoid dealing with the fenders. Anyone load their tractor on a deckover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A deck over is a much more versatile trailer than one with rails.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Personally I want an 18 to 20 foot low side dump trailer with ramps. This way I can do everything a flatbed can do plus dump material when I don't have the tractor nearby.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I moved this thread to the trailer forum. I think you'll get better response here than in the SCUT forum.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
If you have a TLB,, you almost need a dump trailer to go with it,,,
Most any time I want to dig something with the backhoe, I end up with some of the dirt in a trailer.

This is my 10 foot dump, with a slightly larger tractor, but no L or B,,,

I could haul my even larger 855 with loader, the bucket would be over the tongue.
I would think I could haul a 1025 TLB,,, and then ALSO have a nice dump trailer,,, MULTI-TASKING!! :thumbup1gif:

The BIG plus to a dump is that you can raise the body slightly during loading, and have a very shallow angle to go up.
I do that all the time.

Reactions: Kloudbuster

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have a 7' x 16' Sure-Trac steel low side trailer. Good fit for my 1025r with loader and backhoe. 4800 lbs payload. It has 18" sides and handles mulch or top soil very well. I did have to install chain rings for tie downs. Trails very well with 4 wheel brakes. Just another option

Attachments

·
Registered
23,026 Posts
The one common piece of advise that the many trailer threads has shown is always buy a bigger trailer than you think you need.

And brakes on all 4 wheels are a must. I find it hard to believe that there are trailers sold with only brakes on one axle. That is the law here in Penna but only makes sense.

As far as the rail sides, it seems that trailers that are built as "landscape" trailers always has them. I guess they are good for hauling multiple small things like walk behind mowers and such to keep everything on the trailer. I had one which was OK until I started hauling my VW's - depending on the model I couldn't open the doors once on the trailer. Not fun trying to crawl through a window.

Multiple tie downs are important. Not just 4 as you will want to load the tractor at different places on the trailer for proper weight distribution depending on the implements attached.

My next trailer will be an enclosed model which brings a bunch of different ideas/options.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts