Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I might have just sold my wagon, and yes I mean wagon, not trailer, for those who haven't seen it I'll post a couple photos. It has just been costing me a lot of money taking it here and there, but it was fun.

With the expected sale I might have convinced myself that I need a new trailer. I took a look at a couple and I found one at Rosseels that was a PJ 14k pound 20' with a 2' dove tail and 5' fold up ramps which I think is exactly what I'm looking for. I took a peak at some other places, but they had only tilt decks and I don't like them and add a lot to the price or they only had 12k pound. Here's the link (http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=1864120&dlr=1&pcid=2000850618) to the ad online and I'll post some pictures that I took on sunday.

Am I looking at the right size/length? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

(Sorry about the order of the pictures but I don't know how to change it)

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Wow, I have seen that wagon on line before, it is really cool.:thumbup1gif: As far as trailers go, If I was buying brand new, I would go for the deck over trailer sitting next to the one in the picture, reasons being you eliminate the fenders and your hauling options are increased because of it, you can side load at any point and not worry about tearing up the fender or tire. plus you gain just a little more deck and the dovetail on the deck over will be self cleaning and you can load on it wet or dry with out wheel slippage.
I'm sure you probably know all of this as well, I'm just speaking from past experience:drinks:

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff,

I'm thinking about that as well, but for the amount of pallets I will ever have on there at a time (2-3 max) I can save $1000 by getting the other. It has the drive over ramps if I put something on that wide it would be able to fit. The decks are the same width, just the one has two fender wells.

Thanks again,
Al

·
Administrator
18,540 Posts
WOW very cool wagon and truck!

·
Super Moderator
5,643 Posts
The wagon is awesome, but that truck is AWESOMER!!:thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:

Greg

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
I guess the question is, what do you want to haul? Obviously, you've got plenty of truck for the job. :thumbup1gif:

You know this, but really watch the width between your fenders. I just got rid of an 18', 14K trailer that had the wheels outside the deck. It was only 80" between the fenders. I could just barely squeeze my big tractor on there if I put the loader over the tongue and the steer tires scrubbed the fenders going on and off. Will that 110 fit on a 20' trailer?

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the compliments guys!

You guys are making me think. I believe it's 83" between the fender wells. The widest thing I'd really have on would be the box blade at 84", but that would be sitting behind the fenders anyway. I forgot the tape measure when I went down there on Sunday, but I want to make it back and I'll be sure to bring a tape measure. I was advised by Steve and Larry (Jenkinsph and AKfish) that I should be looking in the range of a 20' 14k pound trailer when I got it. It's main duty will be to haul the 110, but it will occasionally be hauling the 5410 and a four wheeler every now and then.

Thanks again for all the help!
Al

1 - 7 of 7 Posts