Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been looking for a trailer tongue tool box to mount to my 14' utility trailer and found this one.
For the price, this is a pretty nice box. It fits my tongue perfectly and has plenty of space for a jack, lug wrench, synthetic ratchet straps, bungee straps and more.
When I ordered it, I thought I may have to mount it to box tubing due to it being made of light material. That was not the case.

If you are looking for a tongue mount tool box, for a good price, and the angular size of this box matches your trailer tongue, I can recommend this box. :good2:

Specs:

• Overall dimensions: 33-3/4" long x 14-1/4" wide x 16-1/4" tall
    • 21" Long in front
  • Inside dimensions: 33" long x 14" wide x 16" tall
    • 20-3/4" Long in front
  • Capacity: 2.75 cu ft
  • Weight: 50.6 lbs
https://www.etrailer.com/Toolbox/MaxxTow/MT80349.html

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Very nice I had one a lot me it on my open trailer. They are handy to keep stuff in. :good2:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Looks like a great fit for your trailer tongue. They are very handy. You'll love having it.

I did something similar on the 18' 10K equipment trailer I bought this winter. All the V-shaped ones I found were either too narrow for my frame rails or too deep front-to-back to fit between the front of the bed and the tongue jack so I went with this rectangular one from DeeZee. Works great for my needs.

Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Doh! I have no idea why that picture previews upside down. At least it is correct when you click on it. Sorry!

·
Registered
10,330 Posts
Ray, the box looks like it was made for your trailer tongue. :bigthumb: Very nice.

BigBlue, Must be hard keeping thing inside that trailer. :mocking: At least the tires will last. :laugh: Did you make the sides?? They're nice. :thumbup1gif:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a tongue box for my utility trailer, but haven't had time to install it. The jack needs to be moved to another location, to make the box fit correctly.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had been looking for a trailer tongue tool box to mount to my 14' utility trailer and found this one.
For the price, this is a pretty nice box. It fits my tongue perfectly and has plenty of space for a jack, lug wrench, synthetic ratchet straps, bungee straps and more.
When I ordered it, I thought I may have to mount it to box tubing due to it being made of light material. That was not the case.

If you are looking for a tongue mount tool box, for a good price, and the angular size of this box matches your trailer tongue, I can recommend this box. :good2:

Specs:

• Overall dimensions: 33-3/4" long x 14-1/4" wide x 16-1/4" tall
    • 21" Long in front
  • Inside dimensions: 33" long x 14" wide x 16" tall
    • 20-3/4" Long in front
  • Capacity: 2.75 cu ft
  • Weight: 50.6 lbs
https://www.etrailer.com/Toolbox/MaxxTow/MT80349.html
I bought the exact same for my small trailer. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
How do you mount it? Where did you get the 'not included' hardware to mount it? How much extra was that?

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How do you mount it? Where did you get the 'not included' hardware to mount it? How much extra was that?
I drilled two 1/4" holes on each side down through the tongue. Then simply used 4-1/4" x 1-1/4" bolts with lock washers and nuts. Probably a few $$$$ worth of hardware which I had.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I drilled two 1/4" holes on each side down through the tongue. Then simply used 4-1/4" x 1-1/4" bolts with lock washers and nuts. Probably a few $$$$ worth of hardware which I had.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Ah... That isn't bad at all, then. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
BigBlue, Must be hard keeping thing inside that trailer. :mocking: At least the tires will last. :laugh: Did you make the sides?? They're nice. :thumbup1gif:
It's an EZ-Dump model...

Yes, I made the sides myself. Nothing too wild, just 2x8s. But I like to do stuff nicely, especially carpentry, so I spent my time doing it well. Thanks for the compliment. :)

Rob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts