Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have access to a scale or this would be easy. Trying to center a 3520 onto an 18 foot flatbed so that the tandems are taking most of the load but still have enough going to the truck to keep everything stable. I know that there should be 10-15% of the loaded trailer weight on the tongue. I guess what I'm asking is has anyone weighed a 30xx series tractor with FEL and something like a RB to know how much each axle is supporting? With all the snow around I'm not going to take it for a ride on the trailer to see what feels the best.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Just a wild guess because I don't know where your axles are centered but on an 18ft trailer with a 3520 and fel bucket laid flat, all the way forward. This assumes that you have counter weight on the rear of the tractor or other heavy implement.. I should also add that when driving forward the first few times you need to see the truck settle some and take up a load on the hitch. I suggest about 10% is correct for most trailers, the only type that is less is boat trailers which should run about 6%.

My 110tlb on a 20ft trailer is best if I stop the loader bucket 6" from the front. So I have a 6x6 mounted up there as a stop block.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Brian!! That calculator has all info I need now plus will be darn handy for the future.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
430 Posts
This reminds me of my first course in Structures in Architecture, will be interested in how this works out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts