Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning everyone. I got my new 1025r delivered and after I put it to bed that night in my garage I lowered all the implements. Next morning i checked rear trans level and the fluid level was just above the add mark and just below the middle of the first X on the dipstick. Called the dealer and service man said it was fine. I was just double checking your professional thoughts on if it is ok or if I should add a little.

Thanks in advance.

Scooter

·
Registered
498 Posts
It's fine.
It's above add. You can fine tune it if you like but you will cause no damage nor premature wear running it as is.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Resist the temptation to over fill it. lol Just remember that the fluid expands when it gets hot.
The plastic reservoir tank always looks empty on my X540. However the fluid is above the line. No idea why JD made the tank so big.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Mine was delivered like that too and I topped it up. I figured it is just good business on JD to short fill the case a couple litres on every tractor, not a critical level, but that adds up to a lot of fluid every year that they don't pay for. That's not based on any facts, just my own imagination, but it sounds good. :unknown:

·
Registered
778 Posts
I find on my 2305 the level in the window is very sensitive to the tractor sitting level.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Mine was the same way. I just happened to catch it at the dealer before delivery and they topped it off. It wouldn't suprise me they are shipped that way. Who knows why??:banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
255 Posts
1025R/1023E are usually pretty good on Low Visc from the factory unless you had a loader or BH added then the set up guy may not have added any. I always have to add a cup or so of plus 50 oil, don't know why they can't fill to the full line. X 700's are always full on hydro and engine oil. X 300, 500 and D series always need alittle oil to top off.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Middle of the cross hatch or center on a sight glass. Lil high, lil low aint gonna hurt. Dont over think it.
How many here check their car/truck oils everyday? Thats what i thought.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,408 Posts
Good morning everyone. I got my new 1025r delivered and after I put it to bed that night in my garage I lowered all the implements. Next morning i checked rear trans level and the fluid level was just above the add mark and just below the middle of the first X on the dipstick. Called the dealer and service man said it was fine. I was just double checking your professional thoughts on if it is ok or if I should add a little.

Thanks in advance.

Scooter
My 1023e came the same way, I had to add two quarts, the dealer gave me two gallons. They also told me that all these machines are shipped to the dealer completely dry, they have to add all the fluids when they do prep before sale.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts