Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 2001 lx277. I know heat is a major enemy in these transmissions. I believe mine has the k62 trans. Is there a way I can plumb in a little cooler?

There's a hose that goes from the trans oil reservoir and the transmission itself. Can I plumb into that? I don't think that would do much because I don't think the fluid flows in and out of that reservoir, it's just basically an overflow.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
The hydro would have to be designed for it, ie pump in & out.
If your tractor purchase matches your lawn needs, then keep 'er clean, ensure good air flow, change the fluid now & then, (even if you have to remove the hydro to do it), and try not to worry.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,831 Posts

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
You could look into temp strips.There a great to keep an eye on on how hot your running on trans,engine, and radiator are running at.I used these when I had a dirt bike.
https://www.procircuit.com/thermostrips.html
At first I thought it was the kind that change color when they get over a specific temperature. Sorta like the plastic thing that pops out of a turkey. I have seen these used on things like a reman auto transmission. So if you need warranty service the patch better not be popped or missing. This way the company knows the owner didn't burn the unit up.

This one looks like a fish tank thermometer that you stick to the glass. Only with a higher heat range.

Then all you need a small point of view camera pointed at it. Then a monitor on the dash to watch it. lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts