Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is the best and easiest way to get these things unstuck from the transmission? They stick to the inside of the transmission holes big time..I don't have a torch. I guess the dis-similar metals weld or rust together.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Maybe shoot it with some PB Blaster and let it soak ?? Good Luck and keep us posted . :bigthumb:

·
Registered
588 Posts
PBblaster is very good stuff! Let it soak overnight and the tap u-bolt from different angles to help break it loose, at least get enough vibration to break it loose from transmission. Spray it again, put the nuts back on the u-bolts, but just enough so the top of the bolt is flush with the nut, as you don't want to damage any of the u-bolt threads. Tap on the nuts while alternating from one side of the u-bolt to the other. When you reassemble, get you some anti-seize and coat the transmission or the u-bolt with it and it will not likely have the tendency to seize up again. Don't cuss me on the anti-seize, cause once you get it on you, it seems like it spreads like water. Experience it and you will know what I am talking about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts