Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have any ideas, leads, direction regarding Trash can bracket. I would like to bring two large cans out when needed. Don’t know if mudds custom will fit over bxpanded tooth bar on FEL. The heavy hitch 3pt setup for two cans is expensive heavy and requires four pieces.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Will both cans fit in your FEL bucket? I've used my bucket to move my cans once when I had them loaded with lumber scrap. I just backed them in and then secured them using my Bolt On Hooks. I don't remember if I used the chain (doubtful) or a ratcheting tie down rope with hooks on each end (probably). Worked fine for what I needed. Yeah, I had to get off the tractor to remove them, but no big deal.

You could also get a couple of Bolt On receiver hitches and then insert a can hauler into each of them.

Your options are only limited by the awesome imaginations of the guys and gals on here and the $$$$$ in your wallet! :)

Reactions: Kbar and Firemark

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
You could also get a couple of Bolt On receiver hitches and then insert a can hauler into each of them.
This is what my solution would kind of be. Just one of Ken's 2" receivers in the middle though.

A dual adapter from HH

Then two of the hitchn-cans

Or just do one for now and make two trips until you get tired of that and buy the dual adapter and a second hitchn-can later.

Having a 2" receiver on the bucket would be handy for trailers anyhow. Once you get it down it is so much easier to push them that way than looking over your shoulder backing them up.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
The problem with the HH solution is that by the time you buy what you need for 2 cans you've spent $200 or more.

·
Premium Member
13,673 Posts
I noticed in the video attached to the link above that the edge tamers puts the carts at the curb facing the wrong direction. So would the HH bracket, since it works on the same premise. As a result;
  • when the trash carts are dumped with the lid hinged in that direction, the lids tend to snag items being dumped and the trash ends up on the ground.
  • I know this because when we walk on trash day (today) I end up picking up the junk which falls out when dumped and almost always, the carts are backwards on the curb.
  • There is a "front" and "back" to the curb side carts and they work the best when faced the right direction.
  • The bar some of the trash trucks use to empty the carts is the same bar used by the edge tamers so unless you drive out into the street to place the carts facing the street, they will be "backwards" and harder to empty for some of the equipment.
  • Our trash company requires at least 12" distance apart when placed at the street or at least the same distance away from mailboxes, etc.
  • In fact when they are placed tightly together, often they won't empty one or both of the carts and they leave stickers on the carts if they have to get out and move them for the driver to be able to empty them.
You could avoid this by positioning the carts facing the other direction, but that would mean getting the tractor in the roadway, which adds danger to the scenario on busy roads.

Something to think about.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The heavy hitch setup is real nice. I wonder if it will fit what ever commercial can the disposal company issues to customers. In other words, is the metal bar a standard height on these type of cans. I wouldn’t want to order the dual can setup and then have to return it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The heavy hitch setup is real nice. I wonder if it will fit what ever commercial can the disposal company issues to customers. In other words, is the metal bar a standard height on these type of cans. I wouldn’t want to order the dual can setup and then have to return it.
The bars are different heights depending on a variety of factors, including can size. I have two different cans,
a 96 gal can for recycling, and a 64 gallon for trash. The bars are about two inches different in height.
I use the heavy hitch dual-can setup on the receiver attached to an artillian fork frame - hook the one can, then just keep lifting until I get the other. I do have to drop them at the end of the driveway and move them the last ten
feet by hand to get them facing the right way (not safe to drive the tractor out on the road in front of my place, too
many idiots round the nearby blind corner way faster than the 45 mph posted limit.) and not possible to safely sneak up from behind and leave them backward due to the steep ditch and fences. I figure if I have to move them 10 feet out of 1000 by hand, I'm doing pretty well. I've got to move them the first 10 feet at the other end anyway due to where they are stored.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Call me simple but I have a harbor freight 3point quick hitch. I leave raised all the way up and just clip the hinge section of the cans in the quick hitch where the lower pins would mount and drive to the end of my driveway. Pull a regular and a recycle can at the same time, one on each side. Works like a charm. And cost nothing extra other than the quick hitch which I was getting regardless of the trash can hauling need.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Call me simple but I have a harbor freight 3point quick hitch. I leave raised all the way up and just clip the hinge section of the cans in the quick hitch where the lower pins would mount and drive to the end of my driveway. Pull a regular and a recycle can at the same time, one on each side. Works like a charm. And cost nothing extra other than the quick hitch which I was getting regardless of the trash can hauling need.
Do you have any pictures of your method?
It sounds to me that the cans are laying over beyond the tipping point?

I'm thinking, since I recently got a drawbar, I could come up with something that would work, that would be fairly simple to make.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I don’t have pictures but can take some next week. They are not past their tipping point but I have a 4100 which is a little taller than a 1025. You also check out the garbage commander website.

·
Registered
527 Posts
We've been keeping our cans a little distance from the driveway entrance; just enough so not noticeable from the road. Have gotten into the habit of taking trash out on collection morning because of the bear problem this spring. No room in the garage for cans, and would rather have any critters away from the house anyway.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I found out the 53" bucket is JUST wide enough accommodate two of the large standard sized trash bins most trash companies around here use.
Since I cant pull up and drop them without readjusting them anyway, its just easier for me to do it that way. One if these days I might make one that attaches to the bucket, but it will have to be fairly long to grab two of them, as Id have to be able to drive parallel to the road and drop them the same way due to the woods being close.

·
Premium Member
7,342 Posts
If my grandson didn’t have the job I imagine I could slap something together with some angle iron. If you can weld, it might be something to look into

·
Registered
33 Posts
I purchased the trash tamer stuff as I needed/wanted the other pieces for snow removal as a cheap option. I forget what it set me back, but it wasn't bad considering I have to hand walk 300' drive to put the can out in the winter... No thanks!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
An ideal (removable) option for carrying trash cans, Would be something that "clamps" to the top lip of the Snow Plow.
Two cans could easily be carried.
Transport to the destination in reverse.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I purchased the trash tamer stuff as I needed/wanted the other pieces for snow removal as a cheap option. I forget what it set me back, but it wasn't bad considering I have to hand walk 300' drive to put the can out in the winter... No thanks!

I have 1000 feet. And I'm cheap. I'm going with two tamers.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I'm not sure what I'm missing here but if you take trash cans to the curb and they have to be positioned in a certain way and distanced a specified distance apart can't anyone get off the tractor and turn them around and space them as required? Maybe it would help if you painted an outline of the bottom of the container on the ground so you can get your trash cans placed uniformly and pretty.
I don't have trash can cops where I live. I carry my trash and recyclables out in plastic bags and set them at the end of my driveway on pickup days. My trash man comes along in his truck, stops and throws each bag into the compartment designated for the contents of each bag. We mark each bag with, "plastics, magazines, newspaper, or cans". The actual garbage is in a black bag (s) while the others are white.

·
Registered
135 Posts
loader bucket has a tooth bar on it. Hook them on the teeth. works great for cleaning up when doing hedge trimming and such also.... just use those cans and dump it on the burn pile.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts