Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built up my prototype today and got to test out my can carrier today. My driveway is too long and too rough (and recently, too cold) to walk them out and back every week.

I need to cage up some stuff, like the bottom pins,but it worked well!

·
Corndog Hater
11,794 Posts
Excellent idea! Thanks for sharing the pics and project with us.:good2: It makes me wish my driveway was a bit longer? :lol:

Reactions: Levi and gbnpp05

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
(HydroHarold once again steals off into the night with more ideas for his "better late than never" trash can carrier...) Mine will be based off the Imatch as that sucker ain't coming off again until I need the BH.

I have a fairly short but steep and sometimes slippery driveway... and what the heck, I do have the tractor and the trash cans... and I ain't gettin' no younger... and besides it's "cool".:laugh:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Good job, :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
I bet you could sell one to The Neighbor.

He and his wife have figured a system out by which he sits in the open hatch of their Honda Fit holding the handle of the trash can whilst she drives. Their driveway is about 300' long.

-J.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
I admire guys that have the tools, know how and the time to make stuff like this. But my garbage can carrier takes up my time and money......

Color coordinated too......:gizmo:

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
There have been many lessons on counterweighting and ballast on GTT - it's nice to see someone is taking it to heart.

Safety is also something we concern ourselves with, and those boots are a nice example of appropriate work footwear.

One comment however. I suspect black eyes may become a problem for those around your garbage can transporter - a face shield may be in order.

-J.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I admire guys that have the tools, know how and the time to make stuff like this. But my garbage can carrier takes up my time and money......
Probably cheaper to buy the tractor, and have a shop create the connection system. The model in the photo appears to be very high maintenance.... and could cost 50% of your assets in the end ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay. Got the carrier done today. Finished welding it all up. Had to add metal for the draft arms too hook up. It is not Imatch compatible, but only because of the top link, which i didnt make right anyway...... (almost two skinny.) Made the hooks a bit wider too. When I carried them in last week and they wanted to rock on the hooks.

Cans are solid as a rock now!

·
Corndog Hater
11,794 Posts
It looks great and if it works for you, that's all that matters. thanks for sharing the project with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AllenR

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
90 Posts
How about some measurements? I've got a 1000 foot driveway and I'm tired of hoisting the cans up into the gator.
The 1025 would do just fine!!!

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
4,544 Posts
apparently no issues with anything in the driveway, I see a trip factor here! :zip:

·
Premium Member
4,544 Posts
Okay. Got the carrier done today. Finished welding it all up. Had to add metal for the draft arms too hook up. It is not Imatch compatible, but only because of the top link, which i didnt make right anyway...... (almost two skinny.) Made the hooks a bit wider too. When I carried them in last week and they wanted to rock on the hooks.

Cans are solid as a rock now!

Very nice job, I hope your trash haulers never change the size of the receptacles.. I also like your floor setup for metal work..

·
Super Moderator
8,202 Posts
I built up my prototype today and got to test out my can carrier today. My driveway is too long and too rough (and recently, too cold) to walk them out and back every week.

I need to cage up some stuff, like the bottom pins,but it worked well!
Allen,

Nice job but why would you want a bracket that carries two trash bins in one trip when you could have easily made it to handle only one at a time? One bin = more set time!!

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
There have been many lessons on counterweighting and ballast on GTT - it's nice to see someone is taking it to heart.

Safety is also something we concern ourselves with, and those boots are a nice example of appropriate work footwear.

One comment however. I suspect black eyes may become a problem for those around your garbage can transporter - a face shield may be in order.

-J.
That there is a motorboat if I ever saw one.....giggity giggity:laugh:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
OK, had our fun.

:focus:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts