Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be a silly question, but does anyone use their bucket to carry the large waste containers to the road?

I just moved into a place about a 1/2 mile off the road. Don't have a 1025R yet, but if the bucket will carry the trash cans easily to the road, it would save on a small trailer cost and help justify the Tractor with the boss. Looks like I can carry both the waste and recycle containers in a 54" bucket.

Reactions: chex313

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Oh absolutely, not all the time since I can do it by hand and I need the exercise. If it an object that fits in the bucket its a candidate for seat time. :lol: I'm sure any neighbors that see me think I've completely gone lazy...we are just preparing for old age.:flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Better yet I have Artillian forks and put everything on a pallet. Firewood, garbage etc... I would put my mail on a pallet if I could!

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,339 Posts
Better yet I have Artillian forks and put everything on a pallet. Firewood, garbage etc... I would put my mail on a pallet if I could!

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk
Sounds like the next attachment for Chris to invent, the Artillian "trash can carrier or grapple", it could be hydraulically controlled as well!

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Sounds like the next attachment for Chris to invent, the Artillian "trash can carrier or grapple", it could be hydraulically controlled as well!
and be voice activated with a wife's voice, saying "Take out the Trash" :laugh: (Come to think of it, most of us are activated that way)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Every Sunday night...

Take two cans to the corner, we're about 1/3 mile from the road.

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
That will be Ver-2 of the grapple and diverter - with the ability to pivot to the vertical position for grabbing onto things like trash cans and tree trunks. :lol:

Reactions: Artillian

·
Registered
97 Posts
Not a silly question

Might be a silly question, but does anyone use their bucket to carry the large waste containers to the road?

I just moved into a place about a 1/2 mile off the road. Don't have a 1025R yet, but if the bucket will carry the trash cans easily to the road, it would save on a small trailer cost and help justify the Tractor with the boss. Looks like I can carry both the waste and recycle containers in a 54" bucket.

I use the bucket on my 1026R to move all kinds of stuff --- recycling containers for sure, but also shrubs in pots, long lengths of hose, garden tools, chain saws, and inverter, when I'm working in the 2 acre field/ stand of trees in my back lot, bales of peat moss, fertilizer, and damn near anything else I need to move around. Hell, I've even put a load of topsoil in it.

Reactions: Duke Snyder

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Hell, I've even put a load of topsoil in it.
Topsoil? You don't tell me! You actually put "dirt" in it?:laugh: In Summer my loader only comes off if I want to mow with the 1026 (use GX335 mostly), but in Winter it's a bit of a quandry. Can't have the loader and the front plow on at the same time and stuff I want to move requires the bucket... So I'm measurin' out and cypherin' on a plan to bracket my ballast box to handle that 100' to the curbside with my trash/recycle containers. (Just in case it's too cold, snowy, icy to walk them down.) If I go on my a$$ and the cans get free I'll be buying the across the street neighbor a new picture window or truck front end.:laugh:

Reactions: MrZeeno

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,849 Posts
I use the bucket on my 1026R to move all kinds of stuff --- recycling containers for sure, but also shrubs in pots, long lengths of hose, garden tools, chain saws, and inverter, when I'm working in the 2 acre field/ stand of trees in my back lot, bales of peat moss, fertilizer, and damn near anything else I need to move around. Hell, I've even put a load of topsoil in it.
:lol:

·
Registered
947 Posts

Not a silly question at all, and as other have commented it makes a lot of sense. Since we have to drop the FEL in the winter in place of the snowblower, I used some old boot laces and made "ties" in which we can attach it right to the i-Match. It's not at slick as the other attachment shown but it does get the job done.

Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
boot lace ties to Lost in Wisconsin

Why not use heavy duty bungee cords like the truckers use to hold down tarps?

Nice pict & good production efficiency!!
:usa

·
Registered
27 Posts
Carrying Trash Can to the Road

I also put our large trash can on a pallet and lift with pallet forks. Easier to securely position, raise/tilt and carry the can on a pallet than on the bucket, although the bucket will surely work.

tarzane

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FINALLY get to take the trash to the road! The 2 bins fit perfect in a 53" bucket with a strap to hold them. Bucket doesn't rotate up as much as I had in my head, but worked OK for the second trip with boxes and bags. $20K trash hauler....another week and we would have paid $30K!

278.JPG

279.JPG

Reactions: chex313
1 - 20 of 22 Posts