Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I've broken nearly all tractor safety protocols but this is still safer than many tree trimming methods I've resorted to over the years and may reduce the number of time I fall or get knocked off a ladder annually.
I attach the basket with two one inch pins that are normally used to pivot my grapple. The lower mount straddles the tooth bar base. The basket incorporates a pendulum style tilt indicator with arrows to indicate which way to move the joystick to bring you to level, expanded steel floor and brackets to hold my pole saw.

DSCN1222 (Copy).JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
714 Posts
Now how are you gonna get down?....:laugh:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Oh my goodness! As a transfer to this forum from "That Other Place" I was prone to fainting spells looking at that!:laugh: But it's exactly how I would solve the original problem myself. Thank goodness for the enlightenment and freedom of ideas and expression here at GreenTractorTalk!!!

·
Administrator
18,524 Posts
Just call me Schultz...

:laugh:

Nice job DR:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
I know a guy who uses one of these caged "totes" with the top cut out for a "man lift".

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Nice Antenna'a !

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,115 Posts
Nice Dirtrod. I would not want to be without ours.

0298.jpg

Reactions: rgd and robpm

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yesterday I just planed to take a few photos of the newly painted basket. The jokes on me, the wife said as long as we have everything out let's trim the trees up the hill. A few hours later and about three big truck loads of branches she was happy.
I must say, she is always with me working as hard as I work with any project we get into, including the building of that basket. And she sweeps my shop!!! How lucky can a guy get!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Yesterday I just planed to take a few photos of the newly painted basket. The jokes on me, the wife said as long as we have everything out let's trim the trees up the hill. A few hours later and about three big truck loads of branches she was happy.
I must say, she is always with me working as hard as I work with any project we get into, including the building of that basket. And she sweeps my shop!!! How lucky can a guy get!
I'd say you have an excellent wife!!:thumbup1gif: A true help-meet answering to your needs.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,115 Posts
Sounds exactly like my wife. We are both luck guys I guess.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
456 Posts
I made a basket for my tractor too last Fall. I used a good sized pallet and put a piece of plywood on top for a nice solid platform. Of course put up some rails made out of 2x4's. I use my pallet forks to lift it and I have safety chains so there's no way the pallet can fall off. Got a couple cup holders on it as well. Let's not forget a John Deere Green paint job to match the tractor.

I use mine for trimming trees around the yard and on our trails. Even worked well to help paint my garage and lift roofing supplies on top of my small shed. There are so many uses. It may not be OSHA approved, but neither are many other things we all do and I feel this is safer than using a ladder at times. My basket is a 2 person operation with me and my wife. One drives and one rides in the basket. Sounds like a few of us have very good women at home keeping an eye on us.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
"My basket is a 2 person operation with me and my wife. One drives and one rides in the basket. Sounds like a few of us have very good women at home keeping an eye on us."
If I gave my wife that opportunity I'd be sittn' in the creek! If it's OPE related, you'll find her right there in the house!:laugh:

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
If I gave my wife that opportunity I'd be sittn' in the creek! If it's OPE related, you'll find her right there in the house!:laugh:
If I had a creek, and if I let my wife operate Bambi, I'd be up sh!t's creek too. My wife and technology don't see eye to eye a lot of the time. :banghead:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The basket has turned out to be even more valuable than I had hoped. So it's been used to get to all kind of spots that a ladder and pole saw just couldn't handle. We use our 4200 with the basket and then our Baby Deere 1026R with a grapple to pick up the limbs and load the truck or just haul them down to the burn pile stack. It's about time for another big burn and weenie roast.

DSCN1251 (Copy).JPG

·
Registered
135 Posts
One of the handiest things for my FEL...

I made something similar a few years ago by putting a plywood floor over a solid pallet then putting on some rails for sides. I have a pallet fork attachment for my FEL and I use a small chain to secure it to the fork frame. This just makes the FEL so much handier. My wife usually is the basket operator and we've used it to trim trees, paint high areas, clean out gutters, hang Christmas lights and all sorts of other high work.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts