Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have 6 Groundwork brand tripod sprinklers purchased from Tractor Supply. A constant problem for me has been that the tripods have a lot of free play and they are frequently tipped over by water pressure, even damaging a few of the sprinkler heads.

The tripod frames are each held together by nine bolts and nine 10mm acorn nuts. I had assumed that being closed end acrorn nuts that they were already bottomed out and were as tight as they could be. I was wrong. Each nut had around two more turns available. It was like the tripods had been assembled with all the nuts just finger tight. The tripods are much sturdier after tightening all these nuts. It remains to be seen whether that will help the tip-over problems completely but so far, so good.

acorn.jpg
tripod.jpg

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Ive looked at these, but never purchased one. Do they spray significantly further than the standard impact sprinkler you put on the ground?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not that I've noticed. They only elevate the same spray head up from ground level . I use them so I can put them next to a fence line and not have part of the spray pattern blocked by the fence boards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts