Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the Auto-connect 72D MMM off about two weeks ago. Tried to put it on today and spent 40 minutes fighting to get it connected, but couldn't! Finally put on my reading glasses and looked closely at all four connection points. The right rear hanger latch was flipped forward, preventing the mower hanger loop from going all the way into the frame hanger. Every time I tried to connect, the latch just pushed the mower forward. :banghead:

Flipped the latch back into position, drove forward, and the mower was mounted. :yahoo: This will be added to my checklist.

The front support for the mower has a spring on a shaft to hold it in position. There is also at least one washer on the shaft. The shaft has a hole in the end that looks like it should take a clip or cotter pin to hold everything together. Does anyone have a picture or description of a correct installation?

Reactions: Rusty59

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
Took the Auto-connect 72D MMM off about two weeks ago. Tried to put it on today and spent 40 minutes fighting to get it connected, but couldn't! Finally put on my reading glasses and looked closely at all four connection points. The right rear hanger latch was flipped forward, preventing the mower hanger loop from going all the way into the frame hanger. Every time I tried to connect, the latch just pushed the mower forward. :banghead:

Flipped the latch back into position, drove forward, and the mower was mounted. :yahoo: This will be added to my checklist.

The front support for the mower has a spring on a shaft to hold it in position. There is also at least one washer on the shaft. The shaft has a hole in the end that looks like it should take a clip or cotter pin to hold everything together. Does anyone have a picture or description of a correct installation?
This exact thing has happened to me. Don't feel left out:bigthumb:

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exactly what I needed!:bigthumb:

Reactions: Herminator
1 - 4 of 4 Posts