Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Cherry Red from a torch and an Impact Wrench is all I can see unless you can use a nut splitter on it. I think it is to large for a splitter. Maybe grind the nut off with an angle grinder.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Use a sawzall and a good metal blade. Cut across at an angle and break it off. - or - Using a "C" clamp or large vise grips compress the nut . It should then turn off.

·
Registered
John deere 1025r
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have both sides greased equally and same amount of load?
You seem to have recently purchased your tractor, is it new or used? If it’s a manufacturing defect that should be covered by warranty.
Both side are grease and no load in the bucket. Just noticed it while grease the loader today. It is a used tractor I have own it 18 month or so

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Might find the pin is not the only worn part, might have to bush it also. I didn’t see a bushing on the parts diagram, I know my old 1958 430C industrial loader had both pins and bushings, but that was another age.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
side to side? Like left and right?

They're supposed to have play like that, and the amount you're talking is nothing out of the ordinary and would not be fixed by replacing the pin.
Now, if the play is "front to back" such that the pin has been severely worn down, that's another story.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,828 Posts
side to side? Like left and right?

They're supposed to have play like that, and the amount you're talking is nothing out of the ordinary and would not be fixed by replacing the pin.
Now, if the play is "front to back" such that the pin has been severely worn down, that's another story.
(y) Nice write-up.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,828 Posts
Thanks! Trying to save the guy some unnecessary work and frustration.
The nut is on there to keep it from sliding out of the hole. It’s not supposed to be a tight fit through the hole but the nut should be tight on the pin so it doesn’t fall off.
A picture tells all...

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
WAIT A MINUTE !......that pic sure makes both the head & zerk fitting hole of this bolt look eccentric to the body of the bolt....wassup with that ?......maybe a take-up for wear...?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.