Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today while mowing to try and beat the rain here in East TN I pressed the PTO/RIO switch to back up and the mower deck quit working. I shut down the tractor to examine the switch and noticed that the switch was not clicking like it normally did. I had no light on the switch either. This tractor is still under warranty so I called the dealer and they said to bring it in and have them look at it. So i dropped the 1025r off today and they said it might be 1.5 weeks before they can get it in the shop. But to Meade tractors credit they gave me a loaner to mow with until my tractor is repaired .
Has anyone else had a problem with their PTO/RIO switch?

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,261 Posts
No, haven't had the problem you have but Meade was going to give me a loaner once. I turned them down as it wasn't needed at the time. The Meade I go to is in Gray, Tn.

·
Super Moderator
2,165 Posts
Seems to me that I've heard of the new rocker style switch having problems last year. I think a new switch fixed it. Did you do a search here on GTT?

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
Seems to me that I've heard of the new rocker style switch having problems last year. I think a new switch fixed it. Did you do a search here on GTT?
Well, that explains why my PTO switch doesn't have a light either..:laugh: For a second, I was thinking......Hey, my switch doesn't have a light on it, while there is an indicator light in the dash....

Personally, I like the old style, lift yellow handle PTO switch. That has been a proven switch which has provided decades of service with very little trouble on machines from tiny to huge in size. Plus, its impossible to "accidentally turn it on" since it has to be manually lifted to engage the PTO.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Rocker switch. Should be under warranty. Call the dealer, and have them get one for you. Pull the old one off. ( YouTube vids on how to). Bring it in and free replacement. I don’t know about “holding down the button to back up”. Someone explain this procedure?

·
Super Moderator
2,165 Posts
Agreed Sulley. My experience is those rocker switches have very little contact surface area and are held closed by the tension the rocker puts on it. More prone to failure. Where the knob style has a more 'positive engagement' and holds the contacts closed better. I'm not sure but I would bet the new style switch could be replaced with the old style. I'd bet the dash cutout and the harness connectors are the same, or could be made to work.

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Rocker switch. Should be under warranty. Call the dealer, and have them get one for you. Pull the old one off. ( YouTube vids on how to). Bring it in and free replacement. I don’t know about “holding down the button to back up”. Someone explain this procedure?
Its done for the first half hour of owning the tractor till one fixes it...:mocking:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts