Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, as the title states I have a 48c mower deck on my 345. Son #2 hit a little stump he didn’t see mowing and bent the hell out of the right side of the deck. :banghead::banghead: I removed it and straightened it really darn close. I now get some strange cutting patterns from unequal blade tip heights. The blades are all straight. I think that the deck is racked a little. It seems to sit on the floor flush. I am wondering what is the preferred way to get the blade bearing mounting flanges all in the same plane. I have seen a Youboob video where there is much pounding, but it seems a little hit or miss. Thanks in advance for you ideas!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Possibly look for a deck similar to yours on craigslist fairly cheap to just use the shell of it to put your hardware on? Be hard to ever get it back to even cutting shape. I used to see some metal rings sold on ebay that were drilled to fit John deere decks, they were supposed to keep those spindle mounting lips from bending. I havent looked for them in a while and am unsure if they are still sold, worth a look though.

‘17 1025r w/FEL
(2) 80 JD carts
18 JD cart
Land Pride 1548 land plane
Land Pride RTR 1258 tiller
Land Pride FDR 1660 finish mower
Frontier ss1023 broadcast spreader
Frontier af10f front manual angle blade
Victory EF155 flail mower

·
Registered
57 Posts
Get the model and serial numbers from your deck and go to JD's website to get the manual for it. It should tell you how to level the deck. It's important to do it both side-to-side and front-to-back. And it can be putzy and time consuming. So be patient.

John Deere Operator Manual | Parts & Services | John Deere US

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get the model and serial numbers from your deck and go to JD's website to get the manual for it. It should tell you how to level the deck. It's important to do it both side-to-side and front-to-back. And it can be putzy and time consuming. So be patient.

John Deere Operator Manual | Parts & Services | John Deere US
Thanks for the link. The problem isn’t leveling the deck, I’m good to go there. It’s that the stamped steel of the deck has gotten tweaked and the mounting points for the spindle bearings are not all in the same plane. Like maybe the middle blade assy is spinning a little different front to rear or right to left than the other two. I was hoping someone might have a jig or tool idea I could copy to get the stamped steel back to a little more true. Thanks all for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts