Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, we're trying out both of 2LaneCruzer's rib rub recipes.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396812092.838984.jpg

I just put them on. Now for the hard part, where's my beer?

·
Registered
3,845 Posts

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Beer and food? When should I arrive? :fed:

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They're looking mighty fine right now. :fed:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396820404.307378.jpg

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rib lovers beware. These recipes were very good. My dogs are drooling and staring us down. :lol:

I didn't think the spicy recipe was overly spicy, but I like spicy food. The other rub was a bit milder, but both had a great flavor. This is a keeper for us. :fed:

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forgot to add some pics...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396827011.013439.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396827020.468820.jpg

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
You didn't save me much!!!! :tongue:

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Ok, we're trying out both of 2LaneCruzer's rib rub recipes.

View attachment 26754

I just put them on. Now for the hard part, where's my beer?
Rib lovers beware. These recipes were very good. My dogs are drooling and staring us down. :lol:

I didn't think the spicy recipe was overly spicy, but I like spicy food. The other rub was a bit milder, but both had a great flavor. This is a keeper for us. :fed:
Less than 4 hours of smoke time??? Need to lower those temps :lol:

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Well, I got lost on the way and missed the food. The beer is no longer cold and I am still hungry, so I guess I will just head for home.

Dave

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I got lost on the way and missed the food. The beer is no longer cold and I am still hungry, so I guess I will just head for home.

Dave
There's still more here. You still got the beer right?

Less than 4 hours of smoke time??? Need to lower those temps :lol:
It was maintained between 220-250 for 3 1/2 hours. We could've left them on a bit longer, but they were very good. I prefer my smoked meats to almost fall apart. These were very juicy and tender, but shy of falling apart. I highly recommend trying it yourself. :good2:

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
There's still more here. You still got the beer right?

It was maintained between 220-250 for 3 1/2 hours. We could've left them on a bit longer, but they were very good. I prefer my smoked meats to almost fall apart. These were very juicy and tender, but shy of falling apart. I highly recommend trying it yourself. :good2:
Too late. I am home now.

Sent from my Sprint EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Which rub did you end up liking the best? The pics of the racks looked great!
I liked them both. I like spicy foods though. 2Lane's recipes are really close IMHO, but they were right next to each other when rubbed down and cooked. I couldn't tell them apart. I guess if I could only choose one, I would choose his #2 rib rub. It has a great flavor and was easy to make. It's also not overly spicy. I feel that if you like some spice, maybe compared to a Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich as far as heat level, you'll like these recipes. You can also run the heat up or down as you see fit by adjusting the amounts of spices. I like it just the way it is.:drinks:

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's round 2. :drinks:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397414629.967281.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
I liked them both. I like spicy foods though. 2Lane's recipes are really close IMHO, but they were right next to each other when rubbed down and cooked. I couldn't tell them apart. I guess if I could only choose one, I would choose his #2 rib rub. It has a great flavor and was easy to make. It's also not overly spicy. I feel that if you like some spice, maybe compared to a Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich as far as heat level, you'll like these recipes. You can also run the heat up or down as you see fit by adjusting the amounts of spices. I like it just the way it is.:drinks:
I am flattered. I get lots of good comments, but you sort of expect that from guests. I personally think the rubs, esp. #2 are pretty good, but it's great to get an unsolicited compliment. I use them a bit on the heavy side, so the "hot" spices are a little more apparent. What's cooking for round #2?

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm not sure to be honest. :lol: the containers of rub weren't labeled. Either way it's a good thing. :good2:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397424111.983187.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts