Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I made the jumper bypass for the MBR that allows you to backup without snowblower shutting off. Does this work on 2018 models? It's not working for me and was wondering if there is something else I should be doing. I tried unplugging snowblower elec connector and it still stalls when I put in reverse with blower on. The wires on the connector are red and yellow. I did use the connector I made sold on amazon it didn't work so I stuck a piece of wire into plug for temporary try and it didn't work either. Here is a pic of red and yellow wires on the plug. Any help would be appreciated.Should my lever for PTO selection be in the mid or rear?
my mbr.jpg

·
Administrator
20,889 Posts
Is this for a John Deere front mounted blower? If so, there’s a connector on the quick hitch that needs to be connected. It bypasses the RIO for you.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes, it's a front mounted snowblower. Are you talking about the elec. connector that you plug in when you attach snowblower? It doesn't matter if it's connected or disconnected. Tractor still stalls if I don't hold down the pto switch before I back up.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Have you checked the sensor clearance to the front PTO shaft, there is a specific clearance requires for the system to work. Just jumping the plug will not work, the sensor when working properly provides a pulsed signal the tractor computer interprets to show the front PTO is operating a front attachment and not a mower deck. Either the sensor is out of adjustment or the cluster is bad.

·
Registered
136 Posts
What Sundancer said. When I installed my snowblower there was a small shim tool that came with my x730 blower I used to adjust the sensor on the pto shaft.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't have a front snowblower but my front powerbroom has a sensor at the front pto output. I have a "cap" I plug into it when I am using the front pto only that will allow me to go in reverse just when I have the front pto activated, if both front and rear are activated it will kill the motor.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Reactions: mikdor

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Have you checked the sensor clearance to the front PTO shaft, there is a specific clearance requires for the system to work. Just jumping the plug will not work, the sensor when working properly provides a pulsed signal the tractor computer interprets to show the front PTO is operating a front attachment and not a mower deck. Either the sensor is out of adjustment or the cluster is bad.
So your saying if it detects a pulse I should'nt have to use the bypass to back up, and blower will keep running? What do you mean by cluster?

·
Registered
451 Posts
The Instrument Panel, is where the brains of the machine are located. It is also called an instrument CLUSTER. Yes the pulsed detected removes the REO from the system so you can back up when using front attachments. The REO is there only for the Mower Deck, some Lawyer thinks that is more dangerous and needs to be REOed.

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
If he unhooks the RIO will that solve his problem. I have mine unhooked by just using a ziptie under the seat. There are threads on GTT about and it takes 10 minutes.

Reactions: mikdor

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yes, unhooking the REO will definitely solve the problem. I used a toggle switch on my REO so when the Grand Kids want to cut the lawn, I can activate it and when I am using the tractor the REO is gone. If the Kids start trying to bypass the REO, I will install a Key Switch they can't bypass.

Reactions: Drifterbike

·
Registered
30 Posts
The zip-tie on the reverse pedal indicator switch (located under the seat) works best for me. Besides snow blowing it also saves a ton of time on mowing.

Reactions: Drifterbike

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 2018 1023e and the zip-tie on the reverse pedal indicator switch (located under the seat) was quick and has been working fine for months. I'm the only one in the Deere seat and it really has made mowing easier.
Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts