Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings- A local gentleman on Craigslist has a model *MO2460X597151* snowblower attachment for a decent price ($150.00). I looked on "TractorData.com" but had no luck. I need to find out if this blower will fit on my John Deere 212. Thanks for your help, Paul

·
Super Moderator
7,087 Posts
According to JDParts the M02460X is a 38" blower that fits the Model 130, 140, 160. 165 and 185 garden tractors built between 1986 and 1989.

If you are looking for a blower for your 212 the model number you want is M0037AX (if your 212 was built between 1983 and 1987) or G37A (if your 212 was built between 1975 and 1980)

·
Super Moderator
7,087 Posts
btw, if you want to find this sort of info in the future:

1. Go to jdparts.com
2. Enter any model number in the search box (it doesn't matter what you enter, this is just to get you to the next page.)
3. At the top of the page select the "Catalog Number Search"
4. Enter Catalog No. "2797".
5. Use the "Alphabetical Index" to locate the attachment type you are looking for (For example "S" for "Snowblower".

That will give you a cross reference listing of JD Model numbers to the equipment it fits. And you can manually scan it for your tractor and then see which model number attachment fits your machine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Great info Jim!, much appreciated....

And thanks for the procedural for using JDParts.com. I have gone there in the past but never had any luck, couldn't even get off of the first page! I'm going to contact the seller to let him know what he has. Thanks again, Paul ps. just got to thinking , if this blower fits a 160 and a 185 (hydro) , shouldn't it also fit a 180? I have one of those as well. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
btw, if you want to find this sort of info in the future:

1. Go to jdparts.com
2. Enter any model number in the search box (it doesn't matter what you enter, this is just to get you to the next page.)
3. At the top of the page select the "Catalog Number Search"
4. Enter Catalog No. "2797".
5. Use the "Alphabetical Index" to locate the attachment type you are looking for (For example "S" for "Snowblower".

That will give you a cross reference listing of JD Model numbers to the equipment it fits. And you can manually scan it for your tractor and then see which model number attachment fits your machine.

·
Super Moderator
7,087 Posts
Your serial number indicates that it is the 2-stage blower that fits the old "Sabre" lawn tractors. That blower was built in 2002.

The same blower was also used on the 2003-2005 "L-series" lawn tractors. It was phased out in 2005/2006 time frame and replaced with the 44" blower.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys! So i have a question, even the JD dealer here couldnt help me for sure. Have a guy here that has a snow blower, all he has is serial number, which is #M0037AX525405. I cannot find anywhere if it will fit my mower, which is a model 0102A, serial # GX0102A031794. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
7,087 Posts
Hey guys! So i have a question, even the JD dealer here couldnt help me for sure. Have a guy here that has a snow blower, all he has is serial number, which is #M0037AX525405. I cannot find anywhere if it will fit my mower, which is a model 0102A, serial # GX0102A031794. Any help would be greatly appreciated

The M0037AX snowblowers fit the 200-series lawn mowers built in the mid-1980s. It will not work on your machine.

Your 102 (The "A" just means it has a 42 inch mower deck) was only made for the 2006 model year. The 42" blowers starting with serial number "GX0422X0" and 44" snow blowers starting with "M044SBH" will fit on your machine.

Reactions: SulleyBear

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
15,155 Posts
Despite your machine only having been built in 2006, the following Snow Blowers will fit

The 44" Model M044SBH for tractors made in 2007 and 2008
The 42" Model GX0422X0 for tractors made in 2003 - 2005.

Ironically, no snowblowers appear to have been made for THAT machine only in 2006, it uses the snow blowers for preceding models in 03 to 05 and then after the 102 was built, in 2007 and 2008.

Focus on the specific Blower Model numbers when looking for the blower as you have been. And it very important that you attempt to make sure all of the pieces are included in whatever you do purchase as individual brackets and pieces, while available,. are not common stocked in most dealers.

These blowers aren't nearly as common as other John Deere blowers found for resale. Also, don't let anyone tell you that any other blowers will fit your machine without modification or custom fabrication as the snow blowers JimR listed and that I further described above are the only two Deere recognizes as fitting your mower.

Here are diagrams of the 44" blowers and their mounting pieces so you have an idea of what should be included with any purchase.

To be honest, there isn't a lot of information easily found about these blowers.......

Line Font Black-and-white Drawing
Line Font Black-and-white Drawing

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good morning, I have a 2002 John Deer Model LT160 tractor Serial #MOL160D12010 that i'm trying to locate a snow blower attachment for. I need all the pieces required to complete the install. I've contacted the local dealer but because of the age of the machine they are unable to help with information on what model blower attachment will fit my machine. Any help will be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Welcome Adrian. The first thing I would do is locate another dealer!!! I went to the JD parts catalog, entered LT160 and approx, 1-1/2 minutes later came up with the snowblower for your tractor: M042SBX Bob

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
15,155 Posts
Good morning, I have a 2002 John Deer Model LT160 tractor Serial #MOL160D12010 that i'm trying to locate a snow blower attachment for. I need all the pieces required to complete the install. I've contacted the local dealer but because of the age of the machine they are unable to help with information on what model blower attachment will fit my machine. Any help will be greatly appreciated..
Not to argue, But Based upon your VIN number, I think you have a 2003 model machine with the 42" Mower deck......Unless there should be a 0 in front of the last 5 numbers, because there should be 6 numbers following the "D"

See the reference table below....

Text White Colorfulness Line Font

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
15,155 Posts
Here is the link to the page in the John Deere Parts book which shows the mount and pieces you need.

Try and buy a complete kit and PLEASE do not believe it when someone tells you "Oh, don't worry, although this blower was used on a XXXXX it will also fit on yours" as this is wrong 99% of the time. Also, there is no "special adapter kit" to make blowers not designed for your machine to fit your machine.

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone has posted here on GTT that they were told that by someone selling used equipment. I would probably have enough money to buy a new John Deere insulated thermos to keep my tractor coffee warm...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can someone please help me determine what snowblower will fit my tractor........I have a 2007 LA130 tractor (S/N GX0130A018902) with the 48" mowing deck. I have found a 44" snowblower (S/N M044SBC00265) for sale....The best I can figure out is that the "C" needs to be an "H"....but what is the diffference if this character in the VIN represents the 'Emmission Level'? Any assistance would be much appreciated

·
Super Moderator
7,087 Posts
Can someone please help me determine what snowblower will fit my tractor........I have a 2007 LA130 tractor (S/N GX0130A018902) with the 48" mowing deck. I have found a 44" snowblower (S/N M044SBC00265) for sale....The best I can figure out is that the "C" needs to be an "H"....but what is the diffference if this character in the VIN represents the 'Emmission Level'? Any assistance would be much appreciated

The "C" and "H" have nothing to do with emissions levels. That position in the VIN is a "configuration code". The M044SBH is the US model. The M044SBC is the Canadian version. I haven no idea what the differences are between them other than that designator in the serial number.

S/N M044SBC00265
There is a digit missing there. There should be 6 digits after the "C".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Despite your machine only having been built in 2006, the following Snow Blowers will fit

The 44" Model M044SBH for tractors made in 2007 and 2008
The 42" Model GX0422X0 for tractors made in 2003 - 2005.

Ironically, no snowblowers appear to have been made for THAT machine only in 2006, it uses the snow blowers for preceding models in 03 to 05 and then after the 102 was built, in 2007 and 2008.

Focus on the specific Blower Model numbers when looking for the blower as you have been. And it very important that you attempt to make sure all of the pieces are included in whatever you do purchase as individual brackets and pieces, while available,. are not common stocked in most dealers.

These blowers aren't nearly as common as other John Deere blowers found for resale. Also, don't let anyone tell you that any other blowers will fit your machine without modification or custom fabrication as the snow blowers JimR listed and that I further described above are the only two Deere recognizes as fitting your mower.

Here are diagrams of the 44" blowers and their mounting pieces so you have an idea of what should be included with any purchase.

To be honest, there isn't a lot of information easily found about these blowers.......

View attachment 764563 View attachment 764563
Here is the link to the page in the John Deere Parts book which shows the mount and pieces you need.

Try and buy a complete kit and PLEASE do not believe it when someone tells you "Oh, don't worry, although this blower was used on a XXXXX it will also fit on yours" as this is wrong 99% of the time. Also, there is no "special adapter kit" to make blowers not designed for your machine to fit your machine.

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone has posted here on GTT that they were told that by someone selling used equipment. I would probably have enough money to buy a new John Deere insulated thermos to keep my tractor coffee warm...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I have a 185 tractor that I am trying to find a snow blower/ thrower for and on the JD website it says thus when looking for the correct one for my model 185, 38-Inch Snow Thrower (for STX,LX,GT,100 SRS Tractors and F510,F525 Front Mowers) From what I understand the model number for the 185 should be a 2460M but it seems that JD is suggesting the 2461 should fit as well. Is this correct? Does the blower actually fit all those other models? Thanks for your help, Jeff

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, I tried the search as described but am either lacking something or its not in the parts.
Ive got a chance to purchase a snowthrower G050K 450100M to possibly attach to one of my JD 400 hydro GTs.
I got to a 400 garden tractor catalog of stuff that did not show an option for snowthrowers...only blades, tillers, and mower. did list a bunch of parts for the whole tractor however.

any help would be appreciated....even telling me where I went wrong so this doesn't happen again.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.