Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I promise I tried to search for an answer, but if this has been addressed my apologies and just throw me a link and I'll be on my way :)

Ok, with that out of the way....

I'm trying to get some quotes to finally pull the trigger on a new 2025R. I'm going to use it as a mower (I'm well aware of the debate on the merits of that..no need to go into that here), and the dealer is quoting me out a 7017LV deck for the requested 60D mower. Well, that (per JD, and even the quote itself) is meant for a large-frame 2R. What <seems> to be the right one is the 701CLV which is specifically called out (again, per JD docs) as appropriate for MY-2017 and newer 2025R, as well as MY-2020 and newer 1-series.

I called this out on the quote, and the dealer keeps saying that the same deck is used between frame sizes..just the hanging gear is different so the quote is correct.

This just can't be right, can it? I've gone back and forth over email about 3 times, trying to point out this clear discrepancy (and not to mention the 7017LV is more expensive)...same response.

Am I off base here? Or should I be looking for a more detailed-oriented dealer?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
1 and little 2r use same decks. Large 2R is different.

Reactions: Longhorn_007

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also noticed in the quote that part # 1006 is included for the lift.

"1006 AutoConnect Mower Lift For 60D and 72D mower decks. For MY2017 and newer 2032R and 2038R OOS Tractors. Includes all mower attaching parts plus CommandCut Height-of-Cut wiring harness, actuator, rotary dial and raise/lower lever. System must be calibrated after installation to insure accurate cut-heights. Refer to installation instructions for calibration procedure or refer to ServiceADVISOR. "

This is clearly for the large-2R tractors and not the 2025R since the 2025R does not have command cut (besides the fact that it spells out it is for 2032R/2038R)

So....yeah. I've asked for a re-quote that includes the correct deck and lift stuff.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update...got the new quote this morning and it has the right deck and lift gear. So good to go. 1 quote down, 3 to go LOL. Though I don't expect them to vary much in price...just doing my due-diligence at this point and I don't plan on playing the price-squeeze game dealer vs dealer. Hopefully the others don't involve as much work on my part :D

Thanks again, all, for confirming my understanding of what model number I needed so I could get this straightened out and don't wind up with a multi-thousand dollar paperweight when everything comes in :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.