Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to remove fuel injection pump from my 5105 that has 3029 engine. When I try to remove nut holding pump to gear, engine turns and of course nut will not loosen. What is the easy way to stop engine from turning so I can remove nut?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'm trying to remove fuel injection pump from my 5105 that has 3029 engine. When I try to remove nut holding pump to gear, engine turns and of course nut will not loosen. What is the easy way to stop engine from turning so I can remove nut?
Have you tried bumping it with an impact gun? That’s how I’ve got them off. You will need a pulled to get gear off. Do the marks line up on pump and plate? Do you see marks ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
524 Posts
No room to get in there with impact gun, radiator in the way. I have the puller to push pump off gear. I do see the marks on pump and frame.
Ok. May have to bar the flywheel or balancer to stop engine from spinning.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I remember now. I had cooling package off cause fan went through radiator. That’s how I used an impact

·
Registered
524 Posts
There should be a plug at back of engine. Has plastic cap. Probably on opposite side of starter. You can pull that plug out and stick a pry bar in there to stop flywheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts