Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to install a hydrostatic relief valve on my X720 so that I can use a front end loader. I have the fender deck removed and tried to remove the forward directional control valve on the transmission but it appears to be in two pieces. I saw a post regarding that the 2nd piece needs to be extracted but I don't know what that entails. I took some angled heavy wires and tried to pull it out but it won't budge and I'm not sure if I can just pull it out or what. My question is how do you extract the 2nd half of that valve. Do you need a special tool to get it out?? I'm stuck right now. I sure don't want to put it back together and have the dealer do it at this point. Any help is highly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was able to extract the bottom half of the valve using some heavy wiring with hooked ends. It was not easy to get out even though it appear that only some o-rings were holding it in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.