Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if one could use a 8ft 3pt tractor supply co on a 1026 and set the hitch lower lever so one could rake up lawn clippings after mowing tall grass?:unknown:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Are you asking about what is often called a york rake and generally used to fine grade and remove small rocks and roots from loam in the process of making a lawn? If that is what you have in mind I suppose you could keep mowing in side discharge mode if you have that so that you keep pushing a bigger and bigger pile of clippings into a row, the clippings that don't get mulched, then you could make a pile with such a rake. Some guys figure out how to link the tractor supply items they discuss. No bagger technology with a 1026?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,037 Posts
i was wondering if one could use a 8ft 3pt tractor supply co on a 1026 and set the hitch lower lever so one could rake up lawn clippings after mowing tall grass?:unknown:
Any high spots, big or little, you will tear the sod right out. After a few times you would not have any sod but a new lawn would be level as all get-out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i agree with gizmo. that rake will tear your yard up. i bought a pinestraw rake from everything attachments because where i used to live we had a ton of pine needles. i used to use it after i mowed and it did ok after about 2 passes but even the pinestraw rake which has lighter tines will scalp a really high spot.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,037 Posts
How about a Lawn Sweeper? They seem to work pretty good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts