Green Tractor Talk banner

201 - 220 of 404 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
The DPF's all but silence turbo's, good point Jason.
That all may be true, but I can still hear mine. I can hear the whistle.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
I took the tractor to the dealer this morning for a couple of warranty fixes. They said they will try it on a dyno. However, they don’t have much confidence in the accuracy at this hp range, as their dyno is rated for 600hp!!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Are you saying that throughout the use of your 2038R for the various projects that you've never heard any turbo whine? Even just revving the engine and then idling it down quickly should produce audible turbo whine.

Are there any other 2038R users out there who have performed tasks with their tractor during which the whine from the turbo was evident?
I should not have mentioned this. I honestly cannot remember. Seems like I have heard it. I simply cannot keep up with all the details on each piece of equipment now.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Very difficult to compare actual buying prices....etc...
These are the final best offers from each dealer when I bought my tractor in June.
Hope this gives a "real world" feel...
I am in upstate NY, both dealers are 30 miles away and within a mile of each other.
I "knew" I was buying the BX1880 until the dealer blew the sale. (I can share.. long story, but I'm glad they did)
I was quoted for a tractor, blower, and mower deck.
I was shopping for the smallest "real tractor"(not a GT) I could buy from each... so not really a fair compare for the BX1880 and 1023e.
(I was biased to the BX1880 at first... as I wanted small.. but the Deere fit in the shed...so I considered it (again... glad i did!!))

I will say the BX1880 Kubota wound up $1268 less "cash and carry" (I would have had to transport it myself.. the Deere was a delivered price)

BUT.. as most, like I did, will take advantage of 84 month 0% .. the total cost at the end of 84 months is (very)relevant, and was $256 more for the Kubota(a smaller machine with less power).. My dealer threw in at least $100 worth of "stuff"(drawbar, cat 1 pins, top link pins, tool box) so the difference was more like $350
(and sold me first change oil and hyd fluid and filters at cost)

The Kubota insurance (required for the 0% / 84months) is what drove the payment and final cost up on the BX. My understanding is that the insurance is similar in coverage from both companies... I am happy to pay that small amount Deere offered to insure my tractor and will likely try to keep it as long as I own the machine(beyond the 84 payments)

Here is what I was offered after much negotiation with both dealers:

.........................Deere 1023E |....Kubota BX1880……….Notes
Tractor...................10,419.00 |...10,395.00
Loader Valve.............Included |.......700.00
54" Mower................2,250.00 |.....Included..........(Deere Auto Connect, Drive Over 54", Kubota 54" Manual)
Snowblower..............3,880.00 |....3,420.00.............(54"Deere / 50"Kubota)
Hydraulic SB chute.....Included |.......800.00
Wheel Weights.............In.Deal |........60.00

Total.......................16,549.00 |..15,375.00
Tax...........................1,323.92 |....1,230.00
Grand Total..............17,872.92 |..16,605.00

20% Down................3,170.00 |....3,321.00………..(Deere required on Tractor only, Kubota required on package)

Remains..................14,702.92 |...13,284.00
Div by 84………………….…..175.03 |........158.14
MFR offered Insurance......3.46 |.........19.99
Filing fee/month…….........None |...........1.61

Monthly payment........178.49...|........179.74
total paid out...........18,163.56 |...18,419.19

On the Kubota website the base BX1880 is listed at $9766, the base BX2380 is $12050
I don’t know if this is the right way to do this… but I bet the $2284 difference is safe to add to my figures for a "rough" …making a rough price compare of $2604 higher for the BX2380 over 84 months

So if that math is correct:
Cash price = Deere 1023e $17,872.92, BX1880 $16,605, BX2380 roughly $18,889
84 month price = Deere 1023e $18,163.56, BX1880 18,419.19 , BX2380 roughly $20,697

·
Registered
157 Posts
I should not have mentioned this. I honestly cannot remember. Seems like I have heard it. I simply cannot keep up with all the details on each piece of equipment now.
I can hear the turbo clearly on my 3039R from inside the cab.
I was thinking the 2038R had a similar engine setup to my 3039R.

Speaking of your 2038R Tim, I am really surprised at how often I see you still using the 1025R in video's when I would think the 2038R would be a clear winner in comparison to the 1025R.

We are getting ready to trade our 1023E for 2038R hopefully in the next few days we will finally have a trade deal made with one of the area JD dealers.
Not only just power and capability seem heavily in the 2038Rs favor, just the ergonomics found on the 2038R seem far superior to both our 1' and 3 series machines.

PS. Really been enjoying these Kubota vs JD comparison video's, I think it is safe to say you have done by far the best most thorough job of anyone in either print or Youtube. comparing these machines.
I hope you get similar opportunities to compare other machines like this.
Its all very informative. Thank you for all your hard work.

·
Premium Member
10,976 Posts
I can hear the turbo clearly on my 3039R from inside the cab.
I was thinking the 2038R had a similar engine setup to my 3039R.
While the two tractors use an engine with a different suffix (3TNV86CT-MJT vs. 3TNV86CT-NJT2), they are for all practical purposes the same engine.

So much so that the 2038R and 3039R turbos have the same part number (MIA882904).

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Speaking of your 2038R Tim, I am really surprised at how often I see you still using the 1025R in video's when I would think the 2038R would be a clear winner in comparison to the 1025R.
Our viewers STRONGLY prefer the 1025R, as there are many more of them sold than the larger machines. Therefore, if it can 'reasonably be done' with the 1025R, we will use the 1025R. We use the 2038R when we need two tractors, or when the job is not at all suitable for the 1025R.

Earlier this spring, when we introduced the two larger tractors, we nearly had a revolt.
Here are a couple of examples:

unsubscribing.PNG

We lost several subscribers because they wanted 100% 1025R episodes. 1 per week was not sufficient for them :)
Oh well. I believe our content has improved in depth and breadth. So, no worries. ...but we still realize that subcompact tractors are the main draw.

Tim

·
Registered
57 Posts
Our viewers STRONGLY prefer the 1025R, as there are many more of them sold than the larger machines. Therefore, if it can 'reasonably be done' with the 1025R, we will use the 1025R. We use the 2038R when we need two tractors, or when the job is not at all suitable for the 1025R.

Earlier this spring, when we introduced the two larger tractors, we nearly had a revolt.

View attachment 701724

We lost several subscribers because they wanted 100% 1025R episodes. 1 per week was not sufficient for them 🙂
Oh well. I believe our content has improved in depth and breadth. So, no worries. ...but we still realize that subcompact tractors are the main draw.

Tim
The youtube comments are comical. Imagine threatening to ‘unsubscribe’ unless you get your way?! Those people are children.

When in front of a computer, people address others in ways that they would never do in real life. I’m embarrassed for those commenters. Nearly everyone wants feedback on their work, but the condescension in those posts... truly despicable.

·
Premium Member
10,976 Posts

You can't be serious. Are viewers really THAT fickle? I guess I'll unsubscribe then because your channel NEVER shows my 2720 being used. Good grief. It reminds me of some of these tool review channels who review "Tool A" and give it a thumbs up... then legions of followers run out and buy "Tool A". Then a few videos later they are reviewing a similar "Tool B" from a different manufacturer and viewers heads are exploding saying "What am I to do now? I already bought the last tool". I say you bought a hammer, it's a good hammer, keeping using the hammer. :)

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts

·
Premium Member
932 Posts

View attachment 701724

We lost several subscribers because they wanted 100% 1025R episodes. 1 per week was not sufficient for them :)

Tim
I honestly thought I saw a vid where you traded the 1025r in on the bigger Deere:dunno: Never keeps me from watching your channel tho:cheers:

·
Registered
245 Posts

View attachment 701724

Tim
While I cannot afford a 2038, I was really hoping you would convince me to go big and go broke... plus that, you don’t even have a 2025 like me. C-mom man!!! I’m Unsubscribing!!!

Just kidding, I like your videos and will keep watching! Plus I can relate to the Ventrac because I spend quite a few hours running one at work.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
He traded his old 1025R in for 2018 1025R so his videos were as current and relevant as possible. And people complain.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Rjpoog brings up a good point. I know of Zero people with a ventrac yet you make allot of videos of "Vinny". Probably the ugliest piece of expensive equipment out there.

I would bet that more people have both frame size 2 series than a ventrac. I for one enjoy all your videos about JD tractors. After all it's tractor time with Tim.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Rjpoog brings up a good point. I know of Zero people with a ventrac yet you make allot of videos of "Vinny". Probably the ugliest piece of expensive equipment out there.

I would bet that more people have both frame size 2 series than a ventrac. I for one enjoy all your videos about JD tractors. After all it's tractor time with Tim.
It may be the ugliest, but it’s the most impressive thing I’ve ever run. I brush hog swamps with it and it’s like a hovercraft. Then it’ll go up almost any slope. We had a Steiner before and the Ventrac is worlds better. There’s almost nothing it can’t do.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
It may be the ugliest, but it’s the most impressive thing I’ve ever run. I brush hog swamps with it and it’s like a hovercraft. Then it’ll go up almost any slope. We had a Steiner before and the Ventrac is worlds better. There’s almost nothing it can’t do.
I just wanted to point out that his subscribers were angry that he brought on a larger JD tractor, still tractors though. The Ventrac is a very very very small company with very few owners. So the amount of people that could relate to that machine is such a small group. Much smaller than the 2 series viewers, probably smaller group than the 5 series viewers.

I did watch the Vinny videos and it does seem to work extremely well in the areas both you describe and Tim showed.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
I love the Vinny videos!

·
Registered
312 Posts
You guy's comments are hilarious in regards to Tim's cry baby followers :laugh:

You can't win them all Tim, your variety makes it that much less boring! Speaking of that, what happen to truck and trailer Tuesday!? :nunu:

·
Registered
1,583 Posts

I had never seen a Ventrac until we visited Ohio Amish country last year. It seemed that there were Ventracs for sale on every corner when we drove through the country. I later found out the they are made in the area & employees get a big discount.

201 - 220 of 404 Posts