Green Tractor Talk banner

261 - 280 of 404 Posts

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
I bet you will be (I'll be glad when this whole comparison is finished)

I bet you are......(I'm finding it very stressful.)

No matter what you do Tim, someone isn't going to be happy. You have always been very honest, forthright and not manipulated your communications for any agenda. Anyone who finds fault with your genuine best efforts to undertake this surprisingly sensitive topic needs to attempt such a project themselves.

Few have maintained the objectivity which you have always placed at the center of your communications. Your efforts are admirable and its a very difficult task. No question, your honesty and integrity are why your video's are so popular among the tractor enthusiasts.

You are to be commended for the effort you have made and the incredible results you have personally achieved. Anything less, isn't respectful to the dedication and commitment you have made to attempt to help others. Keep the faith, brother.......

And just think, the Kioti tractors marketing slogan is "We are going to treat you like Dirt / We like Dirt".....just wait until that comparison.........:laugh::lol:.

:lolol:
Some people can read something or watch something and get something entirely different out of it, mostly to meet their own ideas. I can remember years ago having someone tell me that something in our ICC tariffs(rule books) read in such a way that was different than I read it and I had a lot more experience than he did. So I argued with him about that and finally told him to read it to me to prove his point. I watched over his shoulder as he read it to me and he skipped words and added words as he went along. I called him on it and asked him how he could read it that way when the words did not match what he was reading to me. It was not a happy ending.

Dave

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Some people can read something or watch something and get something entirely different out of it, mostly to meet their own ideas. I can remember years ago having someone tell me that something in our ICC tariffs(rule books) read in such a way that was different than I read it and I had a lot more experience than he did. So I argued with him about that and finally told him to read it to me to prove his point. I watched over his shoulder as he read it to me and he skipped words and added words as he went along. I called him on it and asked him how he could read it that way when the words did not match what he was reading to me. It was not a happy ending.

Dave
Where did you bury the body, Dave? How did the tractor perform while doing this task?:unknown:

:munch:

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Where did you bury the body, Dave? How did the tractor perform while doing this task?:unknown:

:munch:

SSSHHHHHH!!!!!

Dave

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #266

·
Registered
268 Posts
So it does look the bucket out front of the Kubota does provide some benefit, maybe at some lift capacity.
Sure, maybe slightly.

But then again, it really is a moot point when you can't even lift off the ground, in the case of Tim's pallet of weights. Lift capacity is much more important to me with these little tractors. I'd go on the limb to say that a majority of owners at some point will push the extreme of lift capacity of the loader, especially if you own forks. Every bit counts.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Quite frankly, these are not easy decisions. Folks are quite sensitive on both sides of this comparison. Many would have viewed mentioning something that has been fixed as unfair.

Afterall, I also refuse to discuss all of the various 'bucket syndromes' on the 1-series, nor have I mentioned the air cleaner mess.

These videos are already quite lengthy. Hard to say everything, and hard for tone and body language to be appropriate and correct all the time too.
Someone complained that there were too many 'hard cuts' in one segment. ...well, I tried to measure my words to avoid bias/unfairness.

I'll be glad when this whole comparison is finished. I'm finding it very stressful.

Tim
I think you've done an excellent job. Fair, real world tests that are not coming from marketing vids or dealerships. It stinks it has to be stressful for you, I was hoping you'd continue on and get a Kubota backhoe to go against the 260B!

Don't let people nag and get you down Tim, there are a lot of whiners on the interwebs!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
Is either tractor not doing what it's suppose to do? I mean they both lift pretty much what the specs say?? Or did I miss something?
The biggest difference from spec is in the turning radius. Check out ‘round 3’...early on.
Would love to see someone else test this on their bx.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Both loader buckets are sized for what they will lift. The Kubota will fill the bucket with gravel or dirt just as well as the JD and lift it just as well. Don’t know exact numbers but I bet the JD bucket is at least 50% bigger.
In the real world (my real world, anyway), the bucket is isn't where I run out of lifting ability. It's the forks, and on balance I use the forks more than I use the bucket. I haven't run into any situation, dirt and pea rock, where I wasn't able to lift a bucket that was as full as I could get it. OTOH, I have had a fair number of situations with the forks where I exceeded my 1023E's FEL ability to lift.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
In the real world (my real world, anyway), the bucket is isn't where I run out of lifting ability. It's the forks, and on balance I use the forks more than I use the bucket. I haven't run into any situation, dirt and pea rock, where I wasn't able to lift a bucket that was as full as I could get it. OTOH, I have had a fair number of situations with the forks where I exceeded my 1023E's FEL ability to lift.
I think that is generally the case...Boulders are the only thing that I can not lift at my place...Tho technically they do not fit in the bucket.(Forks are no help) At some point I need to rent a skid loader with a capacity to lift 2K LBS.

Some of them I was able to roll along the ground using the break out force of the loader.

·
Registered
11,903 Posts
I guess Tim is really starting to get under Neil's skin. :lol:

·
Registered
235 Posts
I just lost any respect I had for Neil.

I get that he has to have a bias and wants to sell orange stuff... but that was disappointing.

I don't think that making all manner of implements available under one supply chain and brand name is a bad thing.

Take a look at the implements pages on the Messicks site...
I counted no less than 18 different manufacturers of implements on the first page I chose.
... are they going to guarantee the level of support and parts availability for those 18 random brands that your Deere dealer will for Frontier?
And what happens next year when they decide to go with a different brand and no longer sell the brand they sold you last year?

The Deere dealer is not forcing you to buy Frontier...any more than the Kubota dealer is forcing you to buy their random stuff... so how does that reflect on Deere?

The part for me that destroyed my respect for him, was the little "bloopers" part at the end... he just didn't need to do that, and it was childish.
"Something is burning?" "Something not right" (Yup.. probably Neil's self respect... or maybe his conscience... )
"Ergonomics messed up"... huh? I sat on both.. not sure what he's talking about. I bought the least expensive Deere I could, I am perfectly comfy for hours...

"cub cadet key switch"? Does Kubota manufacture their own key switch? is it of higher quality?

Maybe Tim can do a key switch comparison?

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Neil isn't really telling us anything most of us didn't know before. But you're right Pat, Neil is a little miffed his beloved Kubota came up short in Tim's videos. LOL.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Neil's videos are the main reason I never even stopped at the nearby Messick's dealer when shopping for my SCUT. If you have to spend all your time bad mouthing the competition instead of telling us the good things about what you sell, it makes me think maybe there isn't that much good to say about what you're selling.

261 - 280 of 404 Posts