Green Tractor Talk banner

41 - 60 of 404 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
I watched the second video on the mower decks. Spot on. I always said taking the deck off on the BX wasn’t hard, just awkward. To be honest Tim made it look easier than it is. I own a 2025r so not exactly the same as a 1 series, but the auto connect deck is a game changer. You won’t take the deck off if it’s not easy. On my BX I didn’t take the deck off unless I absolutely had to. On the JD I don’t give it a second thought.

The loader control? I’m jumping the gun since Tim will probably cover it in the future but the Kubota is better. It is much easier to do two functions at the same time. One thing I’ve discovered is when doing two functions at the same time it slows things down. On my BX it was painfully slow at times. It may actually be quicker to do one function at a time and switch back and forth, you would have to time it to find out. My BX frustrated me when removing snow when I would lift and dump at the same time, seemed slow. I’m not sure if the JD is quicker or not.

Btw, Tim wondered if one of the plastic knobs was missing from the pulley guard. Yes it was they vibrated of my BX all the time.

I’m curious about the mowing comparison coming up. My JD cuts better but I have a mulching kit on my JD and had one on my BX.

Tim does a great job on the videos.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Good show, and as always, you do a great job in your explanations.

Now, in the end, I wanna see an arm rasslin match of you and that Neil feller. :good2:

:lol:
I would like to see that too!
heck I'm even ready to put some :gizmo:down on Tim in under a minute:laugh:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Round #2 Mower Deck Setup and Specs

Here is round #2.

Dodgeman already commented on it.

Several comments like "Why didn't you use the Kubota easy connect system?" Answer is simple. I couldn't find one. Neil Messick explicitly recommends against getting it in his video. From other comments, I believe this is SOP for Kubota sales folks. Say "we have it, but you won't like any drive over deck, so we don't recommend it."

Anyway, would be happy to test a Kubota drive over system if I could find one.

Summary...resounding victory for 1025R in this round.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I would like to see that too!
heck I'm even ready to put some :gizmo:down on Tim in under a minute:laugh:
Neil looks pretty scrappy to me. He is built like a wrestler. I'm built like a wrassler.

Two totally different sports!!! The latter is what you do with your brother when there is one candy bar remaining. ... "I'll wrassle you for it!"

·
Registered
471 Posts
Unless I’m mistaken, it’s just a drive over deck. You still have to hook everything up. I’m not sure what would be wrong with it, you wouldn’t have to drag the deck out with the drive over.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Kubota Mower

First off, Tim another great job!! As I was watching your Kubota mower removal, you said you struggled with the bolt hitting. I believe you stated that you just muscled it off. While I own a JD2520 (and don't want to trade it) it seems if you would have simply put the wheel adjustments up (let the deck go further down) it wouldn't have hit. Just trying to keep it as fair as possible. Not an issue if you can simply drive over. While I've only owned my Deere for 1 year now, I can say that until I get the process down pat, removing the hydraulic hoses and switching lines can be a pain. I know everyone is going to chime in and tell me to get the kit and change this, it also costs more money that my retirement pension doesn't have right now. :greentractorride:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
First off, Tim another great job!! As I was watching your Kubota mower removal, you said you struggled with the bolt hitting. I believe you stated that you just muscled it off. While I own a JD2520 (and don't want to trade it) it seems if you would have simply put the wheel adjustments up (let the deck go further down) it wouldn't have hit. Just trying to keep it as fair as possible. Not an issue if you can simply drive over. While I've only owned my Deere for 1 year now, I can say that until I get the process down pat, removing the hydraulic hoses and switching lines can be a pain. I know everyone is going to chime in and tell me to get the kit and change this, it also costs more money that my retirement pension doesn't have right now. :greentractorride:
You are correct. I could have set the wheels higher. Never thought of that. Having said that, I don't think the silly bolt hitting the frame was any big deal. I suspect you could tell by my tone that I wasn't worried about that.
I was more bothered by having to drag it out at all, having to disconnect/connect everything by hand, having to get all the way down on the floor, etc.

We didn't over-dramatize the removal. We didn't make a big deal about silly stuff. We just showed the actions required to remove and install. Could we have been more efficient? I'm sure we could with practice. Would the average consumer be more efficient than we were? I doubt it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hi Tim
Love your series. In this last episode you were talking about the canted forward ROPS, my Australian delivered 1025R came with a similar (not the same)ROPS in 2014. As you can see it is not angled as far forward as the 2019 model, it is well clear of both positions of the seat, you don't bang your head getting onto the tractor or BH.
A bit off subject But a mate recently bought a 3039R and it does not have a DPF.:good2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,406 Posts
Hi Tim
Love your series. In this last episode you were talking about the canted forward ROPS, my Australian delivered 1025R came with a similar (not the same)ROPS in 2014. As you can see it is not angled as far forward as the 2019 model, it is well clear of both positions of the seat, you don't bang your head getting onto the tractor or BH.
A bit off subject But a mate recently bought a 3039R and it does not have a DPF.:good2:
If anyone can figure out the canted ROPS theory I'd like to hear it.

• 1-series starts out with straight ROPS and then switches to forward-canted ROPS
  • 2-series starts out with forward-canted ROPS and then switches to straight ROPS
:dunno:

·
Registered
662 Posts
simply put the wheel adjustments up (let the deck go further down) it wouldn't have hit.
If I understand what you're saying, wouldn't that allow the wheels to swivel since there's only 1 hole (correct me if I'm wrong) locking them in the proper position to allow the deck to roll out sideways?

Tim, another great video.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ya know DanW, I didn't note the number of adjustment holes. But, that could very well be and would make sense why Tim didn't make that adjustment. Either way, Tim shows the process very well and the Deere has this one hands down in my opinion. My old 1948 cub had a 60" deck and I too had to "wressle" it out; it took an hour to put it on or off. I'm to old and my body doesn't work well enough anymore for all that nonsense!:laugh:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Ya know DanW, I didn't note the number of adjustment holes. But, that could very well be and would make sense why Tim didn't make that adjustment. Either way, Tim shows the process very well and the Deere has this one hands down in my opinion. My old 1948 cub had a 60" deck and I too had to "wressle" it out; it took an hour to put it on or off. I'm to old and my body doesn't work well enough anymore for all that nonsense!:laugh:
My old 1991 LX186 had very near the same deck removal procedure as Tim showed on the Kubota. Main difference was disconnecting a drive belt vs drive shaft. But it had the same rotate anti scalp wheels to allow the deck to roll sideways. There was only one set of holes for the wheels in that position. I suspect the same is true on the Kubota, but only someone that has one can confirm. Tim? :)

While I'm not too old yet, the time is fast approaching when I knew that procedure was going to be too much work for my bad back and aching knees. This video graphically explains the main reason I went green vs orange.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Going by memory here, but I think there is two sets of holes for the guide wheels, one up higher and one down lower. As I recall when I took the deck off my BX the deck was lower to the ground. Even when my deck was all the way down the bolts he pointed out as hitting would still hang up on mine sometimes.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Going by memory here, but I think there is two sets of holes for the guide wheels, one up higher and one down lower. As I recall when I took the deck off my BX the deck was lower to the ground. Even when my deck was all the way down the bolts he pointed out as hitting would still hang up on mine sometimes.
Watching the video closely, it looks like you may be right. It does look like a second hole further down.

ttwtKubota.jpg

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

·
Registered
354 Posts
And to think that you're installing and removing that Kubota deck on a nice level perfectly smooth concrete floor. Looks like to much of a PITA to me. If the tractor was just a dedicated mower that'd be one thing, but most of the time these are not, they are multi-use machines.

I also can't understand what beef Kubota salesman have over a drive over system? They never really seem to give a good reason. Clearly they work. I have one, and it works! It works slick actually!

Don't know what anyone else thinks, but I'd forgo the single attach hydraulic manifold for 4 hoses with pioneer couplers on the loader if it meant I had an auto connect deck any day.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Kubota has a drive over deck. Why aren't you useing that model?

Is that model only for the bigger tractors...idk?

Its clearly not as simple as Green..has drop down ramps and such but better than dragging it out.
My 60" jd is a drag out...everything is easy but the pto shaft. At times I have to crawl under from the rear between the tires ,under the trans. just to hook or un hook it.

Good video's.....Stand on the edge of deck and jump up and down. My deck is my step..its not one your reveiwing but is JD YellA and mounted to an old JD scut.

·
Registered
156 Posts
For those interested in the Kubota drive over deck, here's a video I watched. Definately not as refined and easy as the Deere. To me it looks like the created to say they offer it.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I also can't understand what beef Kubota salesman have over a drive over system? They never really seem to give a good reason. Clearly they work. I have one, and it works! It works slick actually!
You have a Kubota easy over system?

If so, you are the first person I've ever heard say positive things about it.

Tim

41 - 60 of 404 Posts