Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today for the afternoon i had the pleasure of rooting for my tubing cutter. i forget the name of it--found a small size of it i think-but their was no name of who made it on the ad.:banghead:

it really saddens me to have lost it or misplaced it, as my late uncle gave me it-yrs ago-he also gave me a furrow tool at the same time-its missing too. my boys might have it-but it would be the same thing as my dad's couple -c-clamps that the oldest one claimed yrs ago:banghead: i just wished i knew for sure-i am hoping with uns help i can replace them.

this tool was pretty good size-it had a triangle on it that u could slide out of the way-it was used to clean the inside of the copper pipe u just cut off.

looked on Rigid but if it was a rigid tool, it must be too old to show up:dunno:

thanks

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blue point?
i seen that one advertised tonight. it i think is way too new for the one i used to have-but thanks. really trying to replace what i had-and i have no idea:unknown: what the name of it was all them yrs:banghead:

bad bad:slap-yourself-emoti:laugh:

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 1 i had and lost i bought maybe 30 years ago. Sure they made them before I got my greasy pecker tongs on them :)
i googled tubing cutter old style--this what showed up-- this what i had kinda--well the triangle point might of been there:unknown:so this what i'm looking for now--mine was pretty big--thinking about the size of my hand-i have 2X gloves for my hand-so whatever that size is:laugh:

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think that may be a #10 Ridgid brand cutter. 1/8" - 1" with fold out deburring tool. (triangle)

Still available but doesn't look as heavy duty as my 35 year old one.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think that may be a #10 Ridgid brand cutter. 1/8" - 1" with fold out deburring tool. (triangle)

Still available but doesn't look as heavy duty as my 35 year old one.
ur pic is what i had too--guessing it was a ridgid brand:dunno:don't know or remember--i just knew where it hung at our old house. :banghead: and ur right it was heavy duty-IMO--that;s why i'm upset it's not where i thought it was--i just hope my boy's has it-along with the tubing furrower too. :dunno:i wouldn't make them give it back so much-as just knowing their ok in one of their possession:lol:

their's a few old HDWE stores still left around--maybe-just maybe they have one hanging covered in dust ---just waiting for me to come along now:laugh:

thanks a million for the pic. i know whats i got to do now:munch:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,830 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,776 Posts
Yup, that's the one I got plus the little *sawed off* one for tight spots.:good2:
Here too.
For those real tight spots like the last two leaks I fixed at my mother's ...

IMG_2524_1.jpg

·
Registered
184 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts